PDA

View Full Version : Video Interview with Recruiter from Rhythm & Hues (Produced by Roberto)

RobertoOrtiz
08-26-2008, 12:14 PM
First thanks to R&H Recruiter Barbara McCullough for a great interview.
Interview with Rhythm & Hues Studios at SIGGRAPH 2008 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqOvgKQvV4A)
Producer: Roberto Ortiz
Interviewer: Akin Bilgic
(I will be uploading a better quality version soon)

Hope you like it guys..
I will be uploading more interviews in the next few days.

-R

AikoWorld
08-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Sorry to be blunt but whats the point of uploading crappy versions anyways.

I know that whatever is free you should be happy with. But if your uploading a better quality anyways, might as well just hold on till you do upload a better quality.

Cuz i mostly dont read old threads, so when you bump up this thread with a post it aint gonna bump up on the main thread chatagorie which will make me forget and not see your newly uploaded onew.

just my 2cents :P

TBart
08-26-2008, 04:32 PM
Thanks Roberto, and the quality is fine IMO. The audio is clear; it's not like I need to be able to see their skin pores in high def.

gnarlycranium
08-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Sorry to be blunt but whats the point of uploading crappy versions anyways.

I know that whatever is free you should be happy with.So, for news and interview content, YouTube is good enough for millions of people around the world-- but not for you. And apparently all of us need to hear about it. The video is not a segment you have to do FX on or anything, so maybe you could try sticking with the part about being happy?

SoulVector
08-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Thanks Roberto, very informative. I didnít know they are so many in the company but Iīm glad they are doing so fine. It always seemed like a good company to work in.

lebada
08-27-2008, 04:35 PM
some ok info on the company but otherwise cliche info on demo reels. not quite sure how some people miss some obvious things like stating what you are in a specific way but i guess there's always someone.

LucentDreams
08-27-2008, 05:00 PM
some ok info on the company but otherwise cliche info on demo reels. not quite sure how some people miss some obvious things like stating what you are in a specific way but i guess there's always someone.

Someone? Try Majority. Any time you read an article or interview about demo reels as you say most the info is the exact same, and yet anyone who has ever reviewed portfolios for a job will tell you most do their reels wrong. I just interviewed someone last week who brought his reel, he's just finished working on two game titles and moved to our area, so your expecting as an animator, even a junior animator you'd see some decent stuff? His first clip was an okay lipsync but his second clip of a 3 minute reel was something he'd done entirely himself in lightwave when he first started 3D with very simple rigid kitchen objects falling off with basic phong shading and flat texturing that reminded me of my first year of 3D in highschool 10 years ago. I instantly knew this guy wasn't going to be worth our time if he felt that was something worth showing.

lebada
08-27-2008, 08:12 PM
Someone? Try Majority. Any time you read an article or interview about demo reels as you say most the info is the exact same, and yet anyone who has ever reviewed portfolios for a job will tell you most do their reels wrong. I just interviewed someone last week who brought his reel, he's just finished working on two game titles and moved to our area, so your expecting as an animator, even a junior animator you'd see some decent stuff? His first clip was an okay lipsync but his second clip of a 3 minute reel was something he'd done entirely himself in lightwave when he first started 3D with very simple rigid kitchen objects falling off with basic phong shading and flat texturing that reminded me of my first year of 3D in highschool 10 years ago. I instantly knew this guy wasn't going to be worth our time if he felt that was something worth showing.

personally i wouldnt wanna waste the bus ticket of going to the interview if my demo was that bad, but thats just me. rather have a great 45s clip than a shitty 3 minute one. everyones different.

TheCheshireCat
08-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the interview.

whalerider
08-28-2008, 08:57 AM
Useful stuff, even though a lot of it has been written/said already.
Apparently a lot of people don't pay attention.
Also, R&H's careers page is one of the best as far as laying out precisely what they're looking for.

CGTalk Moderation
08-28-2008, 08:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.