PDA

View Full Version : Ncloth UV problems

mikicompany
08-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Hello Everybody!
This is my first post at CGsociety, I decided to post this because I have a problem that is driving me nuts!
The thing is that I have a ncloth shape with is a poly plane that is textured with a logo with a simple planar mapping, but the UV seems to fly away when the plane starts to fly. I don't know what's happening here. Did anybody knows?
Thank you so much.

Duncan
08-26-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm guessing you applied the uv mapping after making it cloth, which would apply the projection after the cloth deformation. You need to instead project the uv on to the input cloth mesh (display input mesh before doing the mapping), so that the projection is upstream of the cloth node in the dependancy graph.

Duncan

mayaartist
08-27-2008, 04:16 PM
Very well put, I actually knew something Duncan knew and he still managed to post this answer before I ever could, and it was also explained much better then I could ever have said it. Cheers!:bowdown:

mikicompany
08-29-2008, 10:13 AM
Thank you very much!
This exactlly was the problem i had.
Thanks again.

CGTalk Moderation
08-29-2008, 10:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.