PDA

View Full Version : Animation Demo reel

Lucio360
08-26-2008, 02:31 AM
Hi everybody,
Names Lucio and i just finished up my demo reel.
I went to Ubisoft Campus in montreal.
And i would love some feed back and critique from anybody out there.
Thank you!

Here's the link!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OwfxAODhGI

dpendleton
08-27-2008, 01:33 AM
Great reel the soldier rolling the cylinder up the incline is great also the clone trooper lifting the box is real cool. I also liked the female walk cycle.

Nucleo
08-27-2008, 04:58 AM
Hey, nice stuff you got in your reel.

A few things i would suggest is to have the box lifting animation first or second because its great and you wanna grab the recruiter attention as soon as possible. The female walk i think needs some more work, now it feels weightless and needs to have better balance as does the tiger and the big guy walk cycle i would leave those last or remove them till you put some more work on them. Since you have body mechanics in your reel mostly i would really try and for a more dynamic music without overdoing it also the music comes to a stop really suddenly.

Another thing i noticed in your storm trooper is that he has no sleeves so it kinda makes no sense in trying to raising them. Try find a different way to show that he prepares to lift the box to make more sense.

Depending where you want to send your reel you will probably need some acting stuff too and will need to be a little bigger like 30-45 secs more.

Thats all hope this helps good luck :)

PS by the way the storm trooper model is awesome where you get this?

liquidik
08-27-2008, 08:17 AM
Hey Lucio nice nice reel and animations.

I think the soccer shots is of a little less quality from the other great shots. I'll take them out cause they're not adding anything to the reel, while all the other shots share the same level.

Great work!

-Gian

Lucio360
09-03-2008, 04:59 AM
Thanks guys for the input!
I am starting to fix all the comments you guys have made and i am adding new stuff.
I will keep you posted and thanks again for the critique!

Lucio

David-J
09-03-2008, 08:19 AM
Good job. Adding to the previous comments would be that on the animation of the soldier rolling up the cylinder, the position of the hands are too symmetrical in my opinion. They look awkward, a different pose might work better.

That aside I liked it.

CGTalk Moderation
09-03-2008, 08:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.