PDA

View Full Version : Expression Execuation Error on File Open

dude5487
08-25-2008, 11:50 AM
When I open my rig file in Maya I get a warning at the bottom saying...

"// Error: An execution error occured in the expression Limb_Stretch. //"

Yet when I initially built the expression and hit create I didnt get any errors, nor do I get any errors if I hit Edit in the expression editor.

What I built the expression to do works I am just confused by the error I get when I launch the file in Maya.

Also here is my expression

// Arm Stretch

if (l_Arm_Stretchy_DistShape.distance >= l_Arm_Stretchy_MD.input1X){

be_L_Shld_JNT_IK_Guide.scaleX = l_Arm_Stretchy_DistShape.distance/l_Arm_Stretchy_MD.input1X;

be_L_Elbow_JNT_IK_Guide.scaleX = l_Arm_Stretchy_DistShape.distance/l_Arm_Stretchy_MD.input1X;

} else{

be_L_Shld_JNT_IK_Guide.scaleX = 1;

be_L_Elbow_JNT_IK_Guide.scaleX = 1;

}

RhettAllen
08-25-2008, 02:15 PM
does l_Arm_Stretchy_MD.input1X default to 0.0?

Cause if so, I'll assume it's a divide by 0 error. Make sure your if statements also states that it cannot equal (!=) 0

Leffler
08-25-2008, 03:35 PM
This is a "division by 0 error", and a really boring one to

When you create a multiplyDivide node, just change all the inputs so that none of them are 0 like they are by default .... even if you only use input1x, set Y & Z to something different than 0 anyway, or you will get that error.

// Otto

Boucha
08-26-2008, 02:25 AM
These errors also occur if you referencing file...i.e. multiple expressions are created doing the same stuff so there is the error.

CGTalk Moderation
08-26-2008, 02:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.