PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Rope Rig

xxthundrcatxx
08-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Does anyone have one they'd be willing to share?? It's for an animation I am doing involving a man trudging up a steep snowy hill while pulling a child seated in an inner tube. The rope would be taught while he tugs, interspersed with moments of slack when he is anticipating the next tug.

xxthundrcatxx
08-25-2008, 08:18 PM
Or a rig that can do what this rope does from 1:16 to 1:50 ish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-01mQvqAz0

Apparently it's an fk front with an ik back. I would be extremely grateful.

yenvalmar
09-08-2008, 07:27 PM
make a chain of bones in a slight arc, put an ik through it. attatch the base to your guy and the effector to the box (or th other way around! doesnt matter.) .

for some reason they have obviously used two IK chains in that animation, and i dont know why cause it looks bad.

i would just use 1 ik for the whole rope. it will be very similar to the hand drawn animation at the beginning, going from a straight line to a curve.

XminusOne
09-09-2008, 02:18 PM
yea...i'm afraid Ian has it right, why you would use 2 ik chains here is beyond me. One ik chain going either way would work.

CGTalk Moderation
09-09-2008, 02:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.