PDA

View Full Version : nCloth transform constraint problem

K0mba
08-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Hi, i have an ncloth shirt, i am trying to transform constrain the collar to a joint, in the constrain node i have weld & exclude collisions selected, all works well....the collar stays in shape.... if i re-open the scene the constraint has broken....any help appreciated.

Als
08-24-2008, 06:52 PM
Try using locator instead of joint, and constrain to locator which you parent on your joint,
see if this works.

Thanks

Als

K0mba
08-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the reply als, i still have problems.. i will make a simple scene to see if i can recreate the problem, i have a feeling its something to do with a scale transform node in my models hierarchy.. but i think using the locator parented to the joint will help me out further on thanks.

Baffled.

K0mba
08-30-2008, 12:18 AM
ok,...the problem turned out to be the shirt beneath the nCloth object which i made an nRigid collision object....the shirt geometry was intersecting with my nCloth mesh, also some normals were inverted, this was messing with the input attract....its working good now and no need to use the constraint as the input attract set to 1> keeps it in plaace and i can paint various properties for sleeves etc..

CGTalk Moderation
08-30-2008, 12:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.