PDA

View Full Version : War Helicopter critique

Hostutler
08-23-2008, 06:58 PM
This was one of my class assignments on making a simple cycle animation such as on a helicopters blades. I like to do a little extra on class assignments and modelled an entire helicopter that takes off, tucks away the landind gear, turns around in the air and shoots a few missiles. I am going to be adding an enviroment and texturing the helicopter soon and would like some suggestions on what kind of texture would be cool for the copter such as snow camo, forest camo, blackish, etc,etc. Any suggestions and criticism on the animation will greatly appreciated.

JasonH

Here is the YouTube link for the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeUo39Q5U9A

ErikSvensson
08-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Hey again. :)

Its pretty good! I like the camera movement in the beginning. You might try to not lean it so much to the side before it has really taken off, just have it changing rotations up/down and movement updown at first, not left/right. Also if the rig supports it, it would be nice if it went down for some frame or so to give a small anticipation to it (not realistic though, but who cares, its animation!)

The speed is a bit fast for a take off, do a youtube search for 'helicopter taking off' and you'll see it takes a few seconds before they get up. Regarding the wheels, you may try to take them up when the helicopter is more in the air, not directly after he has taken off (to give it less "not all things happening on the same time") :)

Erik

Hostutler
08-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Thanks Eric. I will check out the copter video and work more on the animation when I get time.

JasonH

CGTalk Moderation
08-23-2008, 07:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.