PDA

View Full Version : Any good Mocca tutorials for a noob

adrencg
08-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Just playing with the demo, but I won't take the plunge until I know if MOCCa can stand up againts XSI's charater tools.

there seems to be a lack of tutes on this subject. Is there even a good DVD I can buy?

-mindcache-
08-23-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm not sure what is available as far as 3rd Party Mocca training goes. However Cinema 4D Does come with 2 Tutorial DVDs that covers alot of the aspects of Mocca. The Wipix rigging tutorial dvd by itself is 5 1/2 hrs.

Be sure to download the html documentation from the Maxon website and plug it into Cinema 4D. Look into Help->Manual->Modules->Mocca the manual itself is rather robust in explaining the features of Mocca which is partially why there isn't a lot of tutorials as its explained rather well between documentation and the tutorial dvds that come with Cinema4D.

Also since you're a XSI user you may be happy to know that you can transfer attributes between models in a fashion similar to Gator with VAMP.

If you have any specific questions I can try and answer them for you.

acmepixel
08-25-2008, 02:19 AM
Once you've exhausted the tutorial dvds that come with the software, your next best choice is the definitive C4D online resource; Cineversity. Worth every penny.

CGTalk Moderation
08-25-2008, 02:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.