PDA

View Full Version : Blendshape Problem-When sliding a blendshape node another goes with it

JBSDesigns
08-23-2008, 03:02 AM
Hello,

I've looked on the forums to see if anyone else answered this but I found nothing. My problem is I added my blendshapes to my character and when I use the Blendshape slider each Blendshape works fine seperately on my character deforming well but when I mix blendshapes it moves the other blendshapes on my character (even though the sliders on them don't move).

Ex. When I make the character smile, then go to add a raised brow, a frown appears within it when it shouldn't. Please does anyone know what the problem is? Thank you.

Gravedigger
08-23-2008, 04:49 AM
have you setup the blendshapes separately?

when selecting all target objects and then the base before adding the blendshape everything should be fine.

republicavfx
08-25-2008, 03:27 PM
check your deformation order...make sure all your blendshapes are before skin cluster node.....if that doesnt work try painting your blend shape weights or tweaking the membership of your blendshape and this will fix it. im assuming you have more than 1 blendshape node on your character

JBSDesigns
08-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Thanks I got it. Seems Maya was a little faulty. I ended up restarting it and trying it again and it worked. It was very strange that it did that but oh well at least now theres no problems with it. Thanks for your help.

CGTalk Moderation
08-25-2008, 06:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.