PDA

View Full Version : matrix style animation project: seeking 2d concept

Morbid Angel
06-02-2003, 09:30 PM
Hello everyone. Me and couple of my friends are making a non profit demo reel where we want to have 2 sentinel robot models engaging in some serious combat (matrix style). The whole animation sequence will be a kung fu battle between two ninja like bots with some really cool sfx. At this point we are looking for a concept art for the two bots.
If any of you are interested in seeing your concept model come to life please submit them to
vinnik88@telus.net
Like i said, this is a non profit project so we dont make any bucks out of it. But if we consider one of your models, you will get a dvd copy of the film as well as full credit for the concept art:)
We are looking forward to seeing your models.

Morbid Angel
06-02-2003, 10:05 PM
I would like to add that these are the human like robots. The reason i said they were sentilnels, just to visually reference to matreix sentinel only in human like form.

Signal2Noise
06-02-2003, 11:52 PM
Yup. That's what the CG world needs: more Matrix-style animations and stuff

Good luck, tho'!

Morbid Angel
06-03-2003, 02:35 AM
I apreciate your incouregment

Airflow
06-13-2003, 11:50 AM
me too....:p

Morbid Angel
06-13-2003, 04:11 PM
well no one was interested in sending sketches for this project so we has to design our own models:rolleyes:
first model is nearing complition.

puddlefish
06-13-2003, 04:20 PM
not to sound discouraging, but why not try something a little more original?
to set out to produce something that has been done to death seems a bit counter productive.

Morbid Angel
06-13-2003, 04:33 PM
I think people missunderstand...no one is making THE MATRIX :surprised
Not even the theme...but, have you seen an exellent animation with two characters interacting in martial arts style combat? I havent seen very many of those. And being a guy without a job, I think that would be a great demo reel.

Icarus
06-15-2003, 09:46 AM
for a demo reel, that are usually worked and used in securing a job, personally i would avoid the matrix, after film #3 is released, theres gonna be a flood of em,

my personal opionion, get something ORIGNAL, but really. ... yeah

good luck :\

unLevel
06-15-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Morbid Angel
Not even the theme...but, have you seen an exellent animation with two characters interacting in martial arts style combat? I havent seen very many of those.

you might want to check out the stick figure death theater for the "2 characters interacting in martial arts style combat" the xiao-xiao guy is amazing

I'll see if I can't find that link somewhere...hold on one sec...

unLevel
06-15-2003, 08:30 PM
http://xiao-xiao.com/

there ya go, there's a HUGE community, the "stick figure death theater" that's developed around these movies....

ooo...he's looking for site ideas...I got to contact that guy...

Morbid Angel
06-15-2003, 08:33 PM
i know that site, but our models will be more something like this
http://www3.telus.net/public/vinnik88/nin_b_03.jpg

unLevel
06-15-2003, 08:34 PM
:buttrock: :eek: :buttrock: :eek: :buttrock: :eek:

wow!

unLevel
06-15-2003, 08:35 PM
what do you need from me? I'm just a webdesigner, but i'd like to help, if you need anything...that is sooo amazing!

Morbid Angel
06-15-2003, 08:36 PM
its obviously in early stage...here is 360 rotation, its not going to be such color...just for now
http://www3.telus.net/public/vinnik88/nin.mov

unLevel
06-15-2003, 08:37 PM
yes, early stage, but AWESOME work so far! :thumbsup:

Morbid Angel
06-15-2003, 08:44 PM
unLevel I'll get back to you on this ok>?

unLevel
06-15-2003, 10:19 PM
sure ;)

mora
06-20-2003, 03:55 PM
I might add that your character here is not very Kung Fuie in terms of muscle structure.It's common for white guys to make Heroes with big muscles doing Kung Fu but Yellow guys prefer sleek compact dynamite-comes-in-small-packages type characters.Look at neo,he's normal bodied,so as smith.Even trinity packs a punch.Of course you're not doing the matrix but were talking Kung Fu here.I had Kung Fu lessons myself.And big guys dont look good doing Kung Fu moves,they'd best be wrestlin

Pufferfish
06-24-2003, 09:23 AM
I agree with the "huge guys" part..

..but anyhow, how is this thing going? New pics?

seaturtle
06-24-2003, 08:49 PM
Hey if you guys need a hand with Compositing/video editing and painting backgrounds let me know. I work with After Effects and Combustion and have great effects. Let me know if you want any help. My site is www.markstef.com

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.