PDA

View Full Version : Arm pit topo driving me nuts!

pjz99
08-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Does anybody have some advice for how to model this? I keep going around in circles, I feel like I've almost got it but I have not come up with a geometry that allows the tricep to go behind the latissimus. I've been stuck on this for a couple of weeks now. I don't mind adding some polys here if necessary, I am just a bit mystified as to WHERE, to have the lat muscle terminate like in my reference pic. Any advice appreciated.

I have a nice clean loop of polys around the whole shoulder area and I'd not like to disturb that. All quads and I'd like to keep it that way too.

pjz99
08-21-2008, 10:43 PM
One more pic from low angle, basically it's no poles all around the bottom of the arm pit.

pjz99
08-26-2008, 02:55 PM
I guess this forum is just very quiet :/

I think this is nearly it. I got rid of the shoulder blade detail, it wasn't making the problem any easier. I'll put it back in after I get around this problem

SageLudwig
08-27-2008, 08:45 AM
Hum, regarding animation it gets a bit more complicate since the topology depends on the angle you take as "natural" for starters. (generally 45)

Here's one of my own topologies, maybe it will help you. I have a female one too, but I can't disclose her and it's basically the same structure.

pjz99
08-27-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks very much for your reply. I agree that 45 degrees down is a good neutral point, that's what I'm aiming at. Can I see another view of your arm pit topo from a low angle? What really has been difficult is the block of muscle of the latissimus, getting it to disappear between the tricep and bicep. Thanks again for your reply, appreciate it!

pjz99
08-27-2008, 05:17 PM
You know what, never mind, I think I've got it. Not very much like your topo but I think this will work well. The 3-edge pole on the shoulder muscle cap bugs me a bit but I don't think it will cause a lot of trouble.

jasonteunissen
10-02-2008, 09:27 AM
i have the same problem.
trying to work out how it go's
looking at other ppl's wire frames sometimes help.
good luck

CGTalk Moderation
10-02-2008, 09:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.