PDA

View Full Version : Constrain Vertex out of a blendshape?

Podunkly
08-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Hello all,
Problem : Unwanted vertext movement on the characters arm during activation of the facial blendshapes. We made a late fix to the model in the arms, but never went through and changed each blendshape and we would really ike to keep it that way.

Question : Is there a way to script individual verticies to remove them from activating in the blendshape?

Solution : ?

Thanks in advance for your time.
Student TD.

Podunkly
08-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Still would be nice to have that information if anyone has any ideas, But I did find a solution to exclude certain verticies out of the blendshape. Paint Blendshape Weights tool.. amazingly simple solution =).

SkullboX
08-21-2008, 08:53 PM
Your solution sounds very simple and is probably faster than mine, but I prefer to alter the original blendshape object. What I do is use a script called abSymMesh (which I primairily used for mirroring), which allows you to easily revert, mirror and flip blendshapes, either on object or sub object level...

This might not be as fast as your solution, but if it's necessary or preferred to alter the original target object, you can simply pick the base mesh, then select the arm/body verts on the blendshape and hit revert.

It's a great script either way to compliment your blendshape workflow, and it also saved me a couple of times because of the revert function. :)

CGTalk Moderation
08-21-2008, 08:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.