PDA

View Full Version : New Plastic Wax Animation Cinematic for Warhammer - Dawn Of War 2 - Alternate ending

pum
08-21-2008, 08:34 AM
Hi guys,

this is the new Dawn Of War 2 ending just released yesterday!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38608.html

Just found out this was done by www.plasticwax.com

all i can say is...amazing work! :thumbsup:

--

trion
08-21-2008, 08:49 AM
Looks like Plastic Wax is Australia's new version of Blur Studio. :lightbulb

I will have to keep an eye on their future work.

Keep up the good work :wavey:

smashingvase
08-21-2008, 09:42 AM
Woah!! seriously, that's a awesome piece of work you guys have done there!

5 stars!!! Well done!!!

chris v

Venkman
08-21-2008, 03:59 PM
That was great. It's nice to see them not dial down the gore, war with weapons like that would indeed be that violent. The action was staged and shot particularly well.

fabianloing
08-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Incredible workk!! Congrats to PlasticWax for pulling off such a great cinematics! Really coool characters too! :thumbsup: How long did this cinematics took them i wonder from start to finish. Awesome work!

-Fabian

shadder
08-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Very impressive! i love the designs and the overall rendering. You can tell alot of work went into this, great work PlasticWax! looking forward to next cinematic piece.

JoshBowman
08-21-2008, 11:46 PM
Very nicely done.
My only concern was that the facial animation seemed to be lacking, sure there was lipsync but nothing above the mouth seemed to move all that much.

darkvir
08-21-2008, 11:51 PM
Very nice work! Good job to all those worked on it :beer:

Lman
08-22-2008, 07:52 AM
very nice work :)

DisturbeD2k
08-22-2008, 09:38 AM
Personally I like the first DOW intro better. Sorry this is still awesome just a personal pref.
The sargent in this one looks awesome though. I also like how they got across how stupid space marines can be some times.
And were did that drednaught go when the lictor came? Still burning the banshee? He looked like he enjoyed it a lot.
Personally aside from the shock factor of OMG NIDS!!1!
I persnally think that it could of looked better. Nids are slimy and could of been made a lot more discusting.

MrPositive
08-22-2008, 10:08 AM
What is this? Kick ass cinematics week?

pomru
08-22-2008, 11:19 PM
What is this? Kick ass cinematics week?
I asked that same question, and a friend informed me that it has something to do with some game developer conference in Lepzig, Germany (http://gcdc.eu/) this week. Now that E3 is no longer the premiere gaming event of the year, I guess companies are now free to spread their hype and announcements at various gaming events all over the world.

Nice work on this trailer!

Hooch
08-23-2008, 02:52 AM
Looks to me like a super size armour from Starcraft with a super size
Monster from Odd World :scream:

Great Work but not at the same level of Blizzard and Blur.

DogBreath
08-24-2008, 12:16 AM
I liked it, there were some nice little touches that made it stand apart from the usual, the blood on the lense of the camera when the first attack came from the side, the witches lipsync shapes and speech style, the armour, the animation of the attackers.

Can anyone from Plastic comment or add any info on the project?

TyroneMaddams
08-24-2008, 05:58 AM
Thank you everyone for the kind words and overwhelming response to DoW2!:buttrock:

I'm glad you noticed all those little extra touches myself and the team work many long hours on.Warhammer has been around since 1983 so the team spent alot of effort making sure that every character represented the miniature figures and artwork/concepts to their fullest while still adding our own touch

I would be happy to answer any questions you guys and girls have :beer:

pum
08-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Really great work TyroneMaddams for you and the team!
I love how the design is very spot on to Warhammer 40,000 universe. I wonder if you can tell us how big the team was that worked on this? :)

depleteD
08-24-2008, 10:32 PM
yea id like to know the turnaround time for that project. How many people and how long

Emmanuel
08-25-2008, 01:48 AM
I say: that space marine character with the chain sword looks really, really good, he looks way better IMO than the marines in the first DOW intro from Blur, because those looked just stupid.This one has those great 5 o clock shadow character facial features.Really good stuff.

DogBreath
08-26-2008, 06:51 AM
Thanks, I would like to ask a few questions, like what was the animation procedure, is this Mocap and Hand animation, the running shot has a definate feel as the 3 characters come around the rock.

What are the main ingredients of your software setup/pipeline at the moment, and what is the makeup of the team that worked on this. Did you get a Brief and Storybord this or was there another process that you used, after seeing what has been released by the larger companies this week I think a few people will be asking who is Plastic Wax is and where did they come from and how did they get WarHammer Dawn of War II, and can we get them to do something for us.

How and why did you go for the look that you achieved, eg: on the marines suits (reflections etc)

I won't be surprised if this is too many questions for you to answer, but if Paul or anyone else reads this and has time, maybe we could get a Plastic Wax Interview by CGSociety.

TyroneMaddams
08-28-2008, 02:14 AM
Sorry for my delayed response,i have the flu! :scream:

Guys again thank you for your praise for the DoW2 cinematic,it's what pushes us harder

Lots of questions! Myself and the lead Creative Director at Plastic Wax are doing an interview for a feature story and should answer all of your questions guys so look out for that very soon

Thanks for your suggestion too DogBreath :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
08-28-2008, 02:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.