PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Goals To Multiple OBjects?

DAZZAN
08-20-2008, 09:36 AM
If i have five polygon spheres,if i use the particle tool,set to one,and then combine the spheres make them one object then live,and place five individual particles down .

Then set goals,i get the five particles all go to one ball not into all balls.

It does what i want when i place one poly sphere down,then another,and so on.then individual systems for each poly.

But ive got really a lot of polyspheres makeing body partshapes,and when the effect is finished i want to achieve a delayed drag comeing back into place like in the shape of a hand,but it has to be spheres,as its clouds as the finished render.

Can i do it the one to one way,will the pc slow down if i have 1000 goals overall,im thinking of grouping the parts and doing it in sets,so i can choose which part(s) need drag.

Id like to grab the upperARMgroup of polyspheres,set goals to it,change the particle shape to spheres,and the particles drag into the shape of the polygons spheres.

But im prepared to do it the hard way,one by one.
Hope the words mel arnt used to much in the reply,im not to hot on scripting,running scripts ok.

regards

Als
08-23-2008, 11:40 AM
I have to admit, I'm not truly clear what you are trying to do.
But, use combine mesh for ALL of your polygons, and use the resulting mesh for goal.
This way you don't have to select them one by one.
As for particles side, most of the stuff you can do by either giving them different emiter, and then differentiate them by this, or just by using the mod, for example.
I hope this helps...

Als
(I didn't say mel anywhere... oh, just did now, doh!)

DAZZAN
08-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Hi ya

Thanks for not mentioning mel,err.

Ok....... i tried that makeing one object then asigning goals to them,but the goals did not go to there original balls,juust stuck together in in place ,not makeing the desired shape,as one polygon ball to its particle,then goal.

I then did one to one and got the effect i was looking for,but i was after speed,so i just selected the script code of what id done and place them on the shelf,it was quicker.

and with over a thousand one to one object and goals,i broke them into sets,head,arms,hands body.

thanks

daz

CGTalk Moderation
08-24-2008, 09:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.