PDA

View Full Version : Advice on first pose to pose anim.

Tris3d
08-19-2008, 09:40 PM
Hello there! I thought I would give the pose to pose method a go for the first time with this animation. This isn't finished by all means. Firstly I need to do a lot more work on the fingers and facial expressions. I was just wondering what you guys thought of the poses and general flow of the piece,... is it to frantic? I guess if I was to crit I would say he is tired so some of the actions should look like they take more effort than they do but on the same score he seems very angry which could have given him a second wind. Any thoughts? Would greatly appreciate it!

Many thanks

http://www.vimeo.com/1559448 (http://www.vimeo.com/1559448)

Tris

andrewmartin
08-19-2008, 10:53 PM
Good start!

I think you've critiqued your own work well. I agree that overall it may be to frantic for a guy who's meant to be exhausted from running.

You're going to end up with some nice movement when you finish, you've got that part figured out, my problem though is indeed with the poses.

Act out the scene a dozen or so times and see what else you can come up with. I think the running fingers bit is a weak acting choice for "FAST". I don't think it works. That is probably the biggest accent in the piece, and I think you need to make IT the action with the greatest change and interest.

Also, the character is moving too much to the left and right of the screen, it's a little uncomfortable to follow. I think that since he's talking to someone off screen, perhaps staging it differently might help. Swing the camera around several degrees towards the line of action (to the left). This way you can add that element of movement, without having too much movement in the shot (i.e. the character moves more backward and forward than side to side).

Remember your arcs and direct our eye to where you want us to look!

Keep it up! I'm keen to see how this piece turns out.

Tris3d
08-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Hey, really appreciate the advice! Yeah, now that you mention it he does shift to the left and right. Wish I had noticed that. I'll try and implement those changes and then I'll post up again. Thanks for your time.

Tris

CGTalk Moderation
08-19-2008, 11:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.