PDA

View Full Version : irradiance particles not computing?

svero
08-16-2008, 08:07 AM
I'm not sure if this is a bug with my scene or what exactly, but I'm having trouble with irradiance particles.

I created a very basic scene.. ball next to a wall + 1 light. I turned on irradiance particles.. setup some basic paramters following the various docs and examples, and rendered and got exactly what I expected after some churning and computing on the renderer's part.

But then I open up a more complex scene with a number of lights where I was previously trying various GI+FG settings, and switch THAT scene to irradiance, with the same settings as my simple scene, and when I render I see it emitting importons, but then it immediately starts to render and the scene (ie no long calculation time like the previous test) and the result doesn't seem to have any irradiance effects at all. It's as if the irradiance particles are turned off or disabled somewhere. I've checked every setting a dozen times now and I can't see any obvious reason why this would be.

So... I guess the question is. Are there any settings that would cause irradiance to not calculate? Why does it work in one scene but not the other. Why is it being "skipped"? Is it a bug in xsi 7 or something in the scene itself?

Also.. is there any way to completely reset the rendering parameters and passes for a scene so that they're back to the default settings? If I did tweak some value that refuses to go off or something that may solve it.

Strang
08-17-2008, 08:17 PM
the irradiance particles are still new and the bugs may be on the mental images side. so log your bug with softimage and hopefully they get back to you with a fix

steven

svero
08-18-2008, 04:39 AM
Yeah I decided it must be a bug. I reworked the lighting with normal GI stuff and it all worked ok.

CGTalk Moderation
08-18-2008, 04:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.