PDA

View Full Version : IK problem in MAYA 5.0 ! PLEASE HELP!

jedijrmax
06-01-2003, 09:05 PM
Hey guys,

Ok, here's the deal. I've rigged in maya 4.5 before, ok no big deal.

At the moment I've created a skeleton for a basic two legged character. I'm trying to apply an IKscsolver from the hip joint to the ankle joint.

However, the second I do that, the entire leg all of a sudden shifts from facing foward to 90 degrees to the right. I can't figure it out, at first I thought maybe joint rotations were off, but even when I change them I can't get the leg in the correct place. However one curious thing to note is if under the Attribute Editor, if I change it to a RPsolver, the leg moves as it should, and it immediately snaps back the the "correct" forward position. Now I know that maya 5 is a little different as they seem to have implemented some new things in the IK arena, but does anyone know what is wrong? or how to fix it?

I go make a leg with joints in 4.5, and apply SCsolver, and it all works fine. I go and do the EXACT same thing in 5.0 and it freaks out.

I will post some pictures. PLEASE HELP if you can. This is for a school project and nobody I ask seems to know.

The legs on the left is LEG #1 seen from side/persp views. The legs on the right is what happens to Leg 1 after applying RP IK.

Levitateme
06-02-2003, 07:25 AM
is your rotation on your joints 0 0 0. i use to have that problem evrytime i would make IK . i belive that was the problem make sure your joitns are all zeroeeeeed out.

select hierarchy from your parent joint like the leg
> type in the script editor

rotate -relative -objectSpace 0 0 0 ;

that will 0 out all your joints if yo u see something move, that i believ is your problem then. but improbaly wrong.

Levitateme
06-02-2003, 07:27 AM
i just rotated a leg joint real quick and then ik, it flipped on me. so im sure thats your problem if you get your hands on any gnomon dvds/tapes. i highly reccomend alex stresses that quite often. make sure your joints are 0 out

danphillips
06-06-2003, 11:34 PM
This happens to me too and the rotations on my joints are all at 0. I found a post on aw.com saying it happens in 5.0 but not 4.5 but the post didn't say anything about how to fix it.:annoyed:

rsalonen
06-07-2003, 08:10 PM
This is probably the same problem

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64841

Morbid Angel
06-14-2003, 07:54 PM
to fix this go to skeleton> and uncheck enable IK/FK control :(

Levitateme
06-14-2003, 09:43 PM
there is also a script on highend by bentlamma for ik setings the same as 4.5

i belive thats what it does.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.