PDA

View Full Version : Game combat demo animation: please Critique

GeoffClark
08-14-2008, 11:15 PM
Hello Everybody,

I'm getting to the end of my personal animation project, entitled "Archfiend Assault". This is a project to broaden my understanding of Maya's rigging, rendering, and animation toolset. It's for practice and self-promotion.

Essentially, it's a fake fighting game. I love fighting video games such as Mortal Kombat, Soulcalibur, and others. So I decided that I would like to mock up an arena, two combatants, and get them using a good set of combat animations to get into my reel.

SO, I'm asking you to take a look at the work in progress and give me some crits on it. I can change just about anything on it at this point, so you'd be helping me out on it. Any aspect, animation, models, environment, and special effects are open to crits.

I also would like some support on it, so if you just think it looks great, then just say so! I hope everyone likes it but it could use some last-minute polish.
The last shot or two is not included. And the sound mix is a total hack job, so forgive the missing and off-time sound effects. Don't worry, it will get better! :}
Please let me know if you think it's a good vehicle to use for advancing my skills in the game industry. I would like to think so....

It's a quicktime movie, so you'll need QT to view it. I did EVERYTHING on this; models, rigging, environment, sound design.

SO Make wit da clickin' Here:
http://geoffclarkanimation.com/files/Movies/ArchFiend_UNC/archfiend_embed.htm

Thanks,
Geoff Clark

kalfred02
08-14-2008, 11:39 PM
It's looking nice man! I'd say the thing you should work on the animation. It's close, try to add more weight to the characters and stray away from any floaty moments.

Keep it up!

CGTalk Moderation
08-14-2008, 11:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.