PDA

View Full Version : cable moving with my arm?

Levitateme
06-01-2003, 06:23 PM
I made BANE from batman animated series. he has a tub running from his head to his wrist. what i tried doing is this
i set up joints going through that tube, then spline ik on it. i figured taht would work but when i move the wrist up the tube gradually gets away from it. i need the tube to stick with the arm at all times. i was thinking soft bodes? if anyone knows how to do taht taht would be incredibly helpful. i have a pic attached to show that tube.

galactor
06-01-2003, 08:38 PM
Maybe a normal IkHandle will be good enough. This way the tube stays at the head and hand. And if you don't have enough control over the movement, you could always use two or three IkHandles instead of one. You can later check out if it is better to work with RPsolver or SPsolver.

:: Galactor ::

WatanabeJubei
06-29-2003, 11:00 AM
Hey Levitateme,

Did you ever figure that out? I tried it as a project in school using a soft spline but I had problems with it attaching to/from the wrist/back. I still wanna use it on something.

Levitateme
06-29-2003, 11:17 AM
hi watanananbe, i started working on something else awhile ago, and now work has sent me more work so i never got back to it. soft body is what i would do though, i guess i should try reposting but under the dynamic forum here . thanks for your idea also, taht is what i figured i would ahve to do anyway thanks ciao.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.