PDA

View Full Version : Extrusion/Bevel local axis problem

DSedov
04-25-2002, 02:03 PM
Let say I have an arc which is a volume basically a squere if you look at the crossection. Si I select polygons that are facing forward if you look at the ar straight basically resulting a arc itself. so no when I extrude polys I can really indent them or scale them inwards, because every polyon scales twards object's local center. is there a way of extrude tool acting like it does in maya so every single polygon will be scaled or moved at its own normal axis and being one surface at the same time (problem Im having with bevel right now)

mr-doOo
04-25-2002, 02:23 PM
translate in local y...
is it what you re after?

DSedov
04-26-2002, 12:47 AM
nope. Actually its all about uniform scaling. Im not talking about polygons that are pointing up if you look at the arc, but the one that .... brrr.. let say you are in cathedral and the polygons im talking about are

here is a screenshots of what I want to do, but in XSI

DSedov
04-26-2002, 12:48 AM
sThis is step #2

DSedov
04-26-2002, 12:49 AM
this is step #3

liquid_tension
04-27-2002, 11:16 AM
hey I just tried what you said on XSI and yea it doesnt works , and i did on maya too and it is so simple to make it, i never realized how different they work, have you figured out on XSI yet because now im wondering too. :hmm:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.