PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Dust Particles

andyspence
08-14-2008, 10:32 AM
I've posted this in the main max forum, but was told it might be better here!:

I'm using pflow and lens effects to create fairy dust emitting over an explosion. The problem is max only seems to be applying the lens effects to some of the particles on each frame and it seems to be a random application to the particles which differs from frame to frame. The result is a sort of flashing effect, similar to cameras in a stadium.

The second problem is that the glow and highlight effects take on the colour of whats behind them and because thats changing as the objects spin out (its an explosion of geometry) it makes the flashing effect even worse!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I've only got until the end of today to fix this!!

:)

Glacierise
08-14-2008, 12:53 PM
Don't you have any access to a compositing app? This kind of things are much better resolved in comp.

muzbee3d
08-14-2008, 05:49 PM
this plugin will do it

http://cebas.com/products/products.php?UD=10-7888-35-788&PID=49

CapitanRed
08-14-2008, 11:59 PM
hmm...are your particles that are used to create flashlight spinning somehow fast, and have a special shape which is maybe not visible for the flare effect in some angles?
just a tought...

andyspence
08-15-2008, 02:01 PM
They are tiny spheres!

Glacierise
08-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Try facing particles, put a material with a round gradient ramp opacity mask so they look round. Much faster to render, and better siuted to comping in your case. Take a look at Red Giant Knoll Spectacular, it's meant to do just that ;)

arowana
09-13-2008, 04:03 PM
1. create a lamp .. put a lens effects glow ring star ( make some variations ) color scale ring
render it 300 x 300

2. create a Pf source.. facing particles.. put the animated map sequence
done...
simple...

CGTalk Moderation
09-13-2008, 04:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.