PDA

View Full Version : Spawning with box 3

floopyb
08-13-2008, 06:47 AM
I have setup a nice mesh collision flow with the help of PsychoSilence, here:
http://www.orbaz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1791&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Im have added particles bouncing off the mesh and divergence into the system but want to get spawning on collision
Would I need to spawn in the collision data test?

I also wouldnt mind having control over how much influence the speed vector has compared to the "point normal" vector. Im not sure how to do this

Here is the data operator for the bouncing (am i doing it right?)

charleyc
08-18-2008, 11:17 PM
You don't 'need' a Data Test to Spawn, but you do if you want to send out your Spawns to a new event. For the Spawning, use the Boolean used to check for inside/outside mesh as the test to initiate the spawning as this is essentially the 'collision' taking place with this method.

As for the bounce direction, you can add variation to the Normal Vector and try and fake what you are after, but to do it right (and thus gain control of the bounce relative to the initial speed direction), you need to calculate the reflection vector.

CGTalk Moderation
08-18-2008, 11:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.