PDA

View Full Version : render farming similarities mith 3dsmax

j00ey
05-31-2003, 07:54 PM
hello

i'm a loooooong time 3dsmax user, and have been asked if i can do sort-of technical support on a maya render farm. this may sound ludicrous, i know, but... i've babysat max farms many times and i presume many of the issuse are the same [missing maps / plugs / scripts / machines falling over etc] but can anyone point me in the direction of a good starter guide. google is not a great help here. i know that there are 2 other guys looking after the farm, one with multimedia / film background and the other a 2d artist, so... in theory i stand a good chance of coping... i just want to go to the interview looking like i know a little bit what i'm talking about.

thanks

j00ey

http://www.dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/place/yht15/plank/images/top_logo.gif

www.plankgallery.org

gmask
06-01-2003, 04:54 AM
The main issue is that with most renderfarm tools for Maya is that all the projects files to be copied to a local drive with relative path names or networked to a drive with the same drive letter. They are various scripts on highend3d.com for fixing pathnames etc.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.