PDA

View Full Version : Morph Targets help

konohasfinest
08-10-2008, 12:59 AM
Hello all.

I am working on a short animation in 3Ds Max 9, and trying to learn to do a little facial animation for it. I am using a tutorial I found on 3dtotal.com, "Morph Facial Animation" by Merlyn Lear (http://www.3dtotal.com/team/Tutorials_2/morph_facial/morph_01.asp), that is helpful, but it doesnt explain a few things that are bugging me. I was hoping someone could help me out.

The tutorial says I should have my "control model" and from that make 11 reference clones, as well as a "render model". I dont understand what the "render model" is for. It says to put the morpher
modifier on the "render model", but I dont see the point if it isnt attached to the body that I will be animating. Am I missing something?

Basically I'm looking for help learning how to make/use morph targets as I'm having trouble finding tutorials and/or books to help me..

shinyprem
08-17-2008, 08:06 AM
Hi..
Render model could be the model which going to be used for animation and final output. Control model could be the one which have the shape and this will be applied to the main mesh(render model)

Rgds,

archanex
08-24-2008, 10:48 PM
typically a control model would be a stripped down version of the render model to allow for better viewport interaction. However I'm also confused about its purpose in this context if the render model is not connected to the control model in any way?

Anyway, as far as books, I'd highly recommend Stop Staring by Jason Osipa, as would many others here

CGTalk Moderation
08-24-2008, 10:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.