PDA

View Full Version : Blender Problems

recycleBin
05-31-2003, 04:12 PM
I'm trying to load an images for a texture and the program keeps crashing on me... It allows me to load the first image, then when I click on the load image button for the second image (the bump map) the program just crashes on me...

Anyone have any idea what the problem could be? :shrug:

dani
05-31-2003, 04:45 PM
Herm? on what system?

I suggest you put I simplified blend on download somewhere...
when blender crashes it's often that the files it tries to load are unfindable...
well... i don't even know if putting the blend online can be useful but if you do then pack your blend (pack file data>> in blender) and zip it.

Good luck
Dani

recycleBin
05-31-2003, 05:09 PM
I was able to get it to work... It seems that using the button that allows thumbnail view causes the crash, but when I use the buttons that just displays filenames it works fine...

Thanks for the help though... :thumbsup: ...

dani
05-31-2003, 05:19 PM
oh well :)

as long as it works!
But it still could be cool to find out what was the problem...

Anyway, have fun!

Ciao
Dani

ray_theray
06-06-2003, 05:49 AM
I have the same problem on Windows 98. I believe it has something to do with Windows' "less-than-stellar" memory and resources management. I would not consider this a Blender problem, but a windows prob.

dani
06-06-2003, 11:38 PM
I'm sorry I cannot help you.

maybe you should post this in the bug tracker, but be sure it hasn't been posted already:

go here:
BLENDER FOUNDATION BUG TRACKER (http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?atid=125&group_id=9&func=browse)

you can also try out the www.blender.org forums.... these forums concern blender development.

CIao
Dani

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.