PDA

View Full Version : Rotation For Character

pYcHan
08-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Hi,

I would like to ask is there a way to rotate the character as in after i have bind, paint and ready for animation.. i use cluster..ik handle..and pole vector.. whenever i try to rotate the character it seem all the handle are distorted..i group them together but it doesnt seem to work to.. what i want to archieve is to make the character to face the other way..the whole body..

Thanks for your reply.

RhettAllen
08-08-2008, 11:12 AM
If the handles are distorted... that might mean you need to freeze transforms on them before grouping them and possibly before connecting them to the rig. Once you have done this, group them and it should be fine. I believe that's the fix for skewing grouped transforms.

Boucha
08-09-2008, 01:48 AM
May be you have not created a proper hierarchical structure for the rigging process...
Try this..
All
---TRS
------ik_grp
------controllers_grp
------skeleton_grp
---geometry_grp
---xtras_grp

Parent ik handles under ik_grp, controllers under controller_grp, joints/bones under skeleton_grp, geometry under geometry_grp and non-transforming/translating objects such as ik spline handle's curve, etc to xtras_grp...
If everything goes well then you should be able to rotate the character by rotating TRS...

CGTalk Moderation
08-09-2008, 01:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.