PDA

View Full Version : Text 'Follower' and line breaks

Roughy
08-08-2008, 12:06 AM
It turns out that when you use the 'Follower' feature with text and tell it to add a delay between each character, a line break (enter) is also considered a "character", adding an extra character's worth of delay to the animation.

I can see how this could be a desirable effect at times, but in my case it just adds an extra pause that makes the whole thing seem off.

I haven't been able to find any way to make it ignore line-breaks; surely they can't have left out an option that renders the tool unusable for a load of purposes?

Any ideas :| ?

Edit: No, I have not forgotten to remove a space after a line. Also, the line-break appears to add a delay of 3x, i.e. 3 frames when the delay is set to 1 frame, and 15 frames when the delay is set to 5 frames.

Edit2: Apparently there is no way to deal with it other than hooking it up to a timespeed node and adjusting the delay as you go :shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
08-08-2008, 12:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.