PDA

View Full Version : Kanti, Haddes (3D)

HaDDeS
05-31-2003, 01:58 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/1052/Kanti_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/1052/Kanti.jpg)

Here i'am again ,

this time it's the end :cry: :cry: :cry: i've finished it . . . i'm not completely happy with it but that's it for now

Just below the image there is a link to the 1600*1200 resolution one

it's 3.40 am here , i'm dead !!! :banghead: and going to bed, will tell you more on the scene tomorow ,

1600 * 1200 image (http://bois.nicolas.free.fr/expos%e9/expose_final.jpg)

ciao ciao,

-- HaDDeS --

DragonKore
05-31-2003, 02:00 AM
Holy crap. That's my new wallpaper. I love it. Great job on the reflections. :beer:

TuLe
05-31-2003, 02:07 AM
Darn that's nice... Too nicey!!!

Amazing reflectivy... Nice concept too man! A skater robot straight from Back to the future 2

New desktop here to... :applause:

Kudos to ya!

Teyon
05-31-2003, 02:38 AM
WOOHOOO! That's just sweet! We're talking Front Page sweet.

onlooker
05-31-2003, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by Teyon
WOOHOOO! That's just sweet! We're talking Front Page sweet.

I'll second that..

WOW! That looks just unbelievable. I really need to know how to render like that. Absolutely phenomenal.

:applause:

shaangfx
05-31-2003, 05:32 AM
hey. this is so attaractive....really cool design! amazing colors and style!!! cool man..u done good amount pf job..u deserve the front page...

so what package did u use!??? looks..really hot as wallpaper~! or for some book cover..!:bounce: :beer: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PhilWesson
05-31-2003, 05:36 AM
man, FLCL was great. This is definatly front page material:buttrock:

hanzo
05-31-2003, 05:37 AM
COOL I like the coat, again could you please tell use what was wrong with it? Oo.. :D GJ

goodlag
05-31-2003, 05:43 AM
woooow !~ very very cooool!~~~~:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

great work!:drool: :thumbsup:

ed209
05-31-2003, 05:52 AM
I like everything except for the shirt. Looks more like plastic then cloth.

ZVAN
05-31-2003, 05:58 AM
at the way u said it, u muz had took a long time to complete it.. welldone! very nice reflections... :airguitar

Rey
05-31-2003, 06:02 AM
:beer: Nice backside air
Looks good. Nice detail.
Although it was a little hard to tell
which way he was facing at first.

PureFire
05-31-2003, 06:06 AM
kickass model and render..its sooo crisp...although it takes a few seconds to realise waht it is :D

devilsiojin
05-31-2003, 06:12 AM
Wahahahahaa:bounce: give me five ...!man:buttrock:

this fclc dam nice lah!!!:bounce: i like it very x 100 much

Do u animate it??:rolleyes: hope can c u animate it..haha:drumrock:

AdamAtomic
05-31-2003, 06:14 AM
:drool:

Ultragames
05-31-2003, 06:16 AM
Awsome. If only it had something that resembled a head. Then i would love it!

KolbyJukes
05-31-2003, 06:44 AM
Very cool, I loke the composition and the reflections.

-Kol.

dragonz
05-31-2003, 06:46 AM
wow, this seriously kicks some @ss. Great job done w/ the reflections, and as well with the pose and resemblence of moving! (cant think of anyother way to say it at the moment :P) very good lookin!

takkun
05-31-2003, 06:47 AM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

:buttrock: :buttrock:

I'm speechless.

xasteycracker
05-31-2003, 06:51 AM
I like this it perfect. i like the furture cybog design of it . Greak work.:thumbsup:

RockinAkin
05-31-2003, 06:55 AM
Absolutly Stunning.
Consider yourself accepted into Expose! :applause:

-DivideByZero-

Magius
05-31-2003, 06:57 AM
i really like the scene!! i like the style!! excellent work d00d!! love it! :beer:

majestic
05-31-2003, 06:58 AM
that is very nice, could you post a wireframe? interesting design with his head, great work!

only thing i gotta say he looks too sharp on the background. if he was moving, that would be impossible!

but hey looks very pretty :)

Adam
05-31-2003, 07:21 AM
Looks great I love the bot but the shirt kinda ruins the feel.. I t gives the robot almost silly human aspects that seem rediculus for a machine. Is the shirt keeping him warm of making him just look... stylish

Anyway I love it overall but I would reconsider the shirt

HaDDeS
05-31-2003, 07:38 AM
Hello CGtalk ! :D

i just wake up, and my eyes are still glued

but i really wanted to say a big big thank you to all of us ! I never expected a so good feedback on this image !

So i'll take a shower and then i'll reply to all of your questions

Thank you so much !!!!!!

-- HaDDeS --

TANGOMAN
05-31-2003, 08:05 AM
Wow:applause:

Amazing model Design and Composition!!

It looks HDRI,how you did it?

Man I will like so much to animate that robot,hehee:bounce:

are you planning to animate it?

----------------------------------------
My dancing-web>
http://www.johnnytango.com

Askhanir
05-31-2003, 08:17 AM
Great ! Great !

Thanks for the 1600x1200 picture... I put it on my desktop ! :bounce:

Onno
05-31-2003, 08:21 AM
Very cool image! Excellent stuff.

I agree on the shirt comments though, it seems to be way too large for him and kind of blobs around him (yes blobbing is a verb, if it's not, then it is now ;)). Plus I don't really understand the head part either...

His arms and legs are superb, as is the board and the surroundings (nice use of glows).

:thumbsup:

Goron
05-31-2003, 08:35 AM
very good modeling,
very good shading,
very good rendering,
and a very cool image with a cool mood.

Vinte sur vinte!!! good job Haddes!

"In Haddes we trust!!!";)

Stephen Vyas
05-31-2003, 08:37 AM
Everything looks pretty good, except the pose could be stronger.

Kenter
05-31-2003, 08:38 AM
Nice work.But if he only had a face.:p

But other than that very interesting piece to look at,lots of eye candy.:applause:

Sceme
05-31-2003, 08:39 AM
damn, i saw that board when u did that...but now..wow
how can someone be that kind of animal and make that kind of image :thumbsup:

Carl Hawkins
05-31-2003, 08:52 AM
nice

John Lee
05-31-2003, 08:53 AM
My man

Congrats man on getting plugged. This deserves to be on the front. VERY VERY nice buddy! I like it alot! This shold do well in expose. Keep up the good work man.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

John

RenaudBellefon
05-31-2003, 08:58 AM
Excellent rendering, perfect modeling and good texturing.
There is someting that u don't do well :buttrock: :buttrock:

I like action of the character, it's dynamic and it's very good compose in u illustration..

Famous, i really like to see aniamtion with this :bounce:

:thumbsup:

LEEBLEEB
05-31-2003, 09:13 AM
Cool modeling, Cool render!:buttrock:

The metal reflection is incredible, but I dunno it looks like glass to me.:shrug:

niut
05-31-2003, 09:14 AM
Great work Haddes!!! I like it a lot!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

majestic
05-31-2003, 09:16 AM
looks like HaDDeS got stuck in the shower :D
i wanted to see a wire today but i guess i'll go sleep

HaDDeS
05-31-2003, 09:21 AM
wire for majestic !!!! :D

http://bois.nicolas.free.fr/expos%e9/SHOT1.jpg

wish granted :)

-- HaDDeS --

HaDDeS
05-31-2003, 09:23 AM
well actually it's not the pose i used , this one was uuuh not good LOL , but well it gives an idea of the geometry knowing this is the "low" poly version except for the shirt :p

clojster
05-31-2003, 09:31 AM
GOOOODDDAAAAAM :buttrock:

Friedric P
05-31-2003, 10:22 AM
Yeah, very cool version of Kanti from Furi Kuri (also known as FLCL)... Gainax would surely like it! :thumbsup:
Nice work :applause:

CarlCampbell
05-31-2003, 10:29 AM
Go FLCL!
I really love the job you've done with Kanit there. I'd thought that anything of FLCL transferred to a format other than anime would never look as cool but you've proved me wrong. The sense of motion is excellent and the whole comp is very good, good use of materials and all.

Carl :beer:

Andi
05-31-2003, 11:25 AM
This is unbelievable for me. It's sooooo good! :)

Andi

Starv
05-31-2003, 11:30 AM
Holy freaking cow HaDDeS! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Excellent work. Just stunning. :xtreme:
Goes hand in hand with the Antares bot as well. I love how silky smooth it looks. Awesome touch with the shirt too.

Just out of curiousity, what kind of render times are we looking at here?

Congrats on pre-qualifying yourself for exposé ;)

facial
05-31-2003, 11:58 AM
Well done, Nice work, Keep post up more. :thumbsup:

altermind
05-31-2003, 01:04 PM
WOW... FINE WORK

but I wish the head was more visable

Kel Solaar
05-31-2003, 01:08 PM
Excellent Works! The dynamism is great, reflexions are perfects! :buttrock:

Fox Mc Cloud
05-31-2003, 01:16 PM
WOW:cool: Damn cool shaders and very cool concept
thumbs up :thumbsup:

Greetz Fox Mc Cloud

A last question what did you use to make this great thing ?

Mike Baker
05-31-2003, 01:29 PM
Excellent work! :thumbsup:
Love the pose and shaders. Reflections are great too. How come you can post a 200kb image and I can only post 20kb?

goatrape
05-31-2003, 01:57 PM
Great job....im not seeing any problem areas

omega-0nd
05-31-2003, 02:10 PM
man...i really love this work...modeling, rendering, mood....absolutely fantastic!

which modeler/rendrer u used?

HaDDeS
05-31-2003, 02:13 PM
wow , wow , wow , :eek: :eek: :eek:

huuuh donno what to say now , humm thank you to all of you ! :love: !!!!!!

i'll try to spend some time explaining this image ,i' had many intresting questions, coments, suggestions so i'll try to answer everything !

first of all,

Mike Baker --> why can i post 200kb images ? just beacause i'm hosting them, u can get free webspace all around the web so dont esitate to subscribe one !

Starv and ZVAN --> How long did it take to render, well i first have to explain the situation, the image has been rendered at 4000*3000 pixels 12 materials in the scene, all with supersampling setted to hammersley mid quality (so this really increases render time ) then the Anti aliasing was not the regular max one but a better one , so all in all this was far to be a classical output configuration. Considering all this the 4000*3000 took five hours to render , so lets say that a 1600*1200 without all these high level anti aliaser wouls have take 30 mins here are for ths stats lol , if u want any other information feel free to ask

CarlCampbell --> thanks a lot for your coment, and well i've to admit at first i was not sure it will be a good idea to adapt Kanti that way. but that was the challenge, trying to keep the character it's strong feeling and giving it a totaly different look . . .well i'm really happy with it at the moment and i think it's an experience i'll try again with some other things.

TANGOMAN --> so no it's not HDRI but the principal is nearly the same, well from the reflection point of vue. In fact the character is surounded by an invisible sphere for the camera on whish i map
an image i've previously done. The idea is that i can stretch the sphere rotate it , modify the texture as much as i want to obtain intresting reflections without having huge rendering time ,plus i can combine different layers of reflections with multiple spheres

for the lighting point of vue there are only 4 lights in the scene, two spots (on the back , and right side of the image shooting down to the bot) plus two omnis (point lights) one for the screen emitting light , the other on the left of the image. All the lights are setted to inverse square deperdition, and with advanced raytraced shadows, (to be able to blur them simulating soft shadowing ) that's it !

Adam --> well you find he has a "silly human look" with that shirt, well ok but that's the spirit of the original character, so everything is just perfect. Kanti is a very very strange character lost between being a hero and a perfect autist it never talks (cannot talk) it's always wearing goofy clothes, well yep he's kinda stupid looking but with that strange feeling of internal power . . . . so again no problem for me it being kinda silly human looking !

Now to finish, as ever everything as been done in Max 5 . . . scanline rendered with raytrace material for the reflections.

Big thanks you to everybody !! and :D this encourage me to do more !! AND I'lllll !!! :bounce:

If any of you need to know something else about this . . .u know what to do !!

ciao ciao

-- HaDDeS --

Hexodam
05-31-2003, 02:41 PM
link doesnt work for me:cry:

dragonz
05-31-2003, 02:59 PM
can't see wire :hmm:

percydaman
05-31-2003, 03:26 PM
same here:banghead:

lildragon
05-31-2003, 03:28 PM
You did it again buddy, I don't know how you manage to get such lighting from the default renderer but you do it with shear class. :thumbsup: all the way

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Stunning work.

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_may03.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com so I can send you the award .psd file

salud

maniak
05-31-2003, 05:03 PM
I really love the lightning. Nice mood man

shaangfx
05-31-2003, 05:46 PM
congrazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :beer: :thumbsup:

McSpirit
05-31-2003, 06:27 PM
You deserve that award... Congrats man :bounce:

Mike Baker
05-31-2003, 06:31 PM
Again well done Haddes! And Congratulations. You well deserve the award!:applause:

KOKE
05-31-2003, 06:47 PM
nice model!!!.

Its the root from FLCL??
if its not, its his twin brother.

nice job.

:applause:

SPIDER2544
05-31-2003, 08:12 PM
fantastic work

your an inspiration to us all

your work makes us all want to push our selves to make quality art like this

fabulos stuff man

kilroy
05-31-2003, 08:17 PM
sweet dude that is awsome :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

danb
05-31-2003, 08:22 PM
good job dude. i was wondering did you model the robot in that pose or did you setup a character rig with bones. if you setup a rig it would be nice to see a short animation. i would be willing to render on my box if you wanted to.:buttrock: :bounce: :cool: :thumbsup:

RockinAkin
05-31-2003, 08:23 PM
Again, great work.

Mind posting it with just a flat grey material so we can get a good look at the model and lighting without the reflections obscuring our view?

-DivideByZero-

Hostile 17
05-31-2003, 08:41 PM
Too...much...reflection...hurts...eyes....

I think you've have a nice model somewhere underneath all those reflections. A little subtly goes a long way. Tone it down a bit.

Franky
05-31-2003, 08:45 PM
Exciting shot,but you should tone down on the reflections a little.Still it's real cool.:beer:

ninjacore
05-31-2003, 08:57 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :love:

GODDAMMN!!!!!!! this is sexy as hell, and you know it!!!!

awsome inspiring work. now can we please have some more!:D

HaDDeS
05-31-2003, 09:11 PM
Hellooo ;)

DivideByZero here is the flat render , nothing more than the grey shading , and the light i used ,

for everything else i cannot answer for now, but i promise i'll do it tomorow !!

thanks everybody !!

http://bois.nicolas.free.fr/expos%e9/flatrender.jpg

-- HaDDeS --

Deeug
05-31-2003, 09:54 PM
Man,you are just as"crazy"as your character!
I'm without a word!
Keep it up this way!

Boone
05-31-2003, 10:56 PM
Suki desu! :bounce:

napalm
06-01-2003, 12:30 AM
A lot of answers...
I'll try to be original :p
I am not a fan of the character design.
But the modelisation is realistic (reflection on metal surfaces, clothes in movement,...).
The light management is simply fantastic.
And the feeling of speed gives a powerful impact in this scene.

Congratulation! It 's worth a front page.

Ruix
06-01-2003, 12:59 AM
Totemo Kirei desu!

I love it...really awesome. However, It kind of strikes me as being a bit confusing when I just looked at it for the first time. There is a lot of stuff going on in that pic as far as reflections and such, and maybe you should tone down the reflections. But I dunno,Its still really cool. What happened to your other robot? When I first saw those two in your original thread I kind of imagined a fight scene between the two. This was probably the last thing I expected you to do with it, but dont take that as a bad thing, this is insanely cool.

Oh yeah, the first thing I thought when I saw this pic was the awkward position he was in...It just didnt seem to click with me. maybe you need to show more of the waist and how it is rotated.

linus3d
06-01-2003, 01:26 AM
Very awesome work! Just one question: which 3d package did you use?

lildragon
06-01-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by linus3d
Very awesome work! Just one question: which 3d package did you use?

I can answer that ;) It was done in max.

-lild

3D Freak
06-01-2003, 02:43 AM
Man your work is always a pleasure to look at..... thanks for making my day:buttrock: You Rock!!!!:bowdown:

lebada
06-01-2003, 03:39 AM
amazing reflections...very nice...

did u think of an "electrical" or something like an effect in behind the board? to see thats somehow powered?

but looks amazing....

i can do that:rolleyes: :p ..lol..in my dreams

linus3d
06-01-2003, 03:48 AM
Ah, thanks lild.

Artifex
06-01-2003, 04:44 AM
That's really incredible. I saw you last robots a while ago too, they were pretty awsome. I have to say I like everything in this image exept the clothing. To my taste it looks like cheap plactics you can tear like sliced cheese... It's a personnal comment.

Cool stuff. Love the hdri lighting and reflections you've got in there.

o-phile
06-01-2003, 05:36 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR FINISHING IT! OH MY GOD!

THIS ROX ROX!

DAREONER
06-01-2003, 11:48 AM
la franchement tas défouraillé haddes, c est super illustratif, beau boulot

Nixon
06-01-2003, 04:06 PM
Great work man, worth recognizing... is it for the EXPOSE collection? Would be great if you made for there because I'm certainlly bying that thing and I would love it if this was also in it.

Few other things I want to ask:
1. How many of the lights casted shadows?

2. Do u make the Glows in PS, do u render elements, I'm interested in the compositing of this thing.

3. Have you tried Mental Ray, it works pretty good for me and faster than scanline, what's your opinion?

4. What's the machine for those render times. Does it fill all the RAM, or it has enough?

Great work, again, and best of luck with your future projects. :thumbsup:

...lildragon, a little thing from a max user... max 5 scanline has a lot more things for lighting that all the previous versions didn't have, and now the only thing about which you may say about it that it's rather slow, but so is Lightwave...

rafiadrian
06-01-2003, 05:11 PM
.... :drool: ... Delicious.work ...:drool:

ask for your hardware specs :)

vlad
06-02-2003, 01:02 AM
This is simply wonderful. Only comment would be on some crits you got concerning the shirt, like "Why would a bot need a shirt?" That's dumd, really. Like a robot on a flying snowboard is something I see every morning going to work!!! Ever heard of artistic license? The shirt is what does it for me. I love that shirt. Without it, that'd just be another good render of a bot, like we see by the hundreds every day on the different boards. And the fact that you dont figure out right away what is going on here is in fact a good thing. Makes you work a bit. Anyways, I'm eagerly waiting for your next piece.

Cheers

hellfire
06-02-2003, 03:17 PM
i'm wondering whether this rendering was in any way inspired by "flcl" (which is an anime series)... ?

Kogepan
06-03-2003, 03:35 AM
i'm wondering why some people post questions before reading the thread.... :rolleyes:

hellfire, the artist already acknowledged that it was his intention to bring Kanti from FLCL into the medium of 3D with a touch of his own style.

Mike Baker
06-03-2003, 11:18 AM
Also to Artifex: "I love the HDRI lighting"

Haddes didn't use HDRI. He answered everyones questions and said he used a Scanline render with raytraced reflections.

taro
06-05-2003, 02:44 AM
KANTI!!!! ATOMISK!!!
impressive
comment: think the hands can be better, and also the creases on the shirt can be more realistic/dynamic.

just some suggestions, NOT saying i can do better
::I AM NOT WORTHY::

NZO
06-05-2003, 10:01 AM
(sorry for my english)
great job !!
good design
but there are too much reflection !! I think
(un peu trop de reflection, je pense)

congratulation !!

HaDDeS
06-05-2003, 06:01 PM
Helloooo

Thanks again for all these kind words, and also coments and suggestions !

On the shirt point, sorry for those who dont like ;) but i won't change anything to it. I think it's the rare object in the scene wich tends to break the cold metalic feeling of the image . . . so (but it's just my point of view) it also makes the character more "funny" i think . . . . but who knows maybe on of these days i'll find the time to render it without the shirt . . . ;)

on the too much reflection point, again it's your tastes . . . i personally like it that way so . . . :p

also thanks to you guys, to answer for me LOL !! ;)

About my puter, it's a 3.06 P4 with 1GB DDR, the scene was not fulling the ram in the rendering sequence. The final 4000*3000 images with around 250.000 poly took 5 hours to render with all supersamplings set to hammersley. I have 4 lights in the scene, all are casting shadows but not a the same intensity, all shadows are advanced raytraced. One spot on the (far) back of the character, one on the 3/4 left of the character , one omni on it's right and finaly one other for the screen light nothing more.

For the rendering settings, i've not used any special functions, no advanced lighting from max5 no exposure control or natural lighting . . . just scanline + raytracing.

:) that's it

ciao ciao

-- HaDDeS --

jp33
06-09-2003, 06:20 AM
HaDDeS
if you dont mind could you email me at jp33@versatilemotion.com
i'd like to ask you a few questions

thanks so much in advance

cgooi
06-09-2003, 11:48 AM
An awesome art piece , I like it very very much

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
5 star from me

Glowfinger
06-21-2003, 11:06 AM
Good GOD!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

HaDDeS
06-21-2003, 12:00 PM
Hello !!

CGOOI ! thank you so much, i've seen the artwork you've posted here and i really feel honoured by you message ! i've never thought this is an art piece. I don't really consider me as an artist either but more as a technician so . . . thanks a lot for what you've said !

Thanks Glowfinger too ! :)

ciao ciao ,

-- HaDDeS --

sarfarazsoomro
06-21-2003, 03:33 PM
Wow ....:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

this roxxx man

KarnSG
07-30-2003, 11:59 PM
hey it's awesome but the only flaws that could possibly be are

1) Canti should be riding a guitar like in the series.
2) His jacket is more winter coat then hawaii t shirt.

But that would only be the problem if he wasn't super cool future Canti.
http://www.nocturnal.hpg.com.br/animeblade/flcl/allchara.jpg
But since he is there is really no flaw.

memania911
07-31-2003, 03:26 AM
woooowww... kanti from FLCL... this pic is so damn good. the details, the color. brilliant. that's the kanti i want. hehhe :)

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Technofreak
07-31-2003, 07:26 AM
i scanned thru the replies and no one seems to notice that his
silhouette [sp] is lost near the top of image....i think you should try
experimenting with contrast between the character and the background....that might help to pop him out even more
....this is why i think some get confused in the 1st second they see the image

other than that pretty slick :) im also a fan of flcl : )

FURI KURI !

Jungle_Tintin
07-31-2003, 07:58 AM
:applause: Sooo nice! :beer:
I love it :drool:

Congratulation!

TheRow
09-09-2003, 06:01 PM
may be a bit late to reply on this post but when it comes to FLCL one can just go down on all 4 and worship :bowdown:
(damn my spelling is getting worse every sec...)
U realy did a great job at capuring the litle robo man :thumbsup:

Now we wanna see a robo to canon animation :love: pretty plz.

phoenix
09-09-2003, 06:16 PM
dam good dude.......

nat
09-09-2003, 06:18 PM
hey! really nice work! I lov the posing!

hé hé! tu lui as mis une chemise hawaïenne! J'ai suivi un peu le wip sur café salé. Là je dois dire châpo! Le rendu est superbe mais c'est surtout la pose qui lui donne vie!

bravo!

Atomsk
05-20-2004, 11:14 PM
:lightbulb :lightbulb :lightbulb :lightbulb

i do not want to sound like i am teling you what to do, but i have a sugestion if u decided to create another masterpeice. Reminder this is from one of the most dedicated fans to FLCL so if it sounds like i am just giving orders or asking for a request i am sry. Mayb u should make a pick of canti with his guitar or a Pic of Atomsk Naota
Thank u for ur time if u ever read this

GReat job on canti

Angelicverse
05-22-2004, 06:20 PM
wow.... very beautiful. :cries: just beautiful.

the swirlyness of the shirt is awesome. ^.^ as is of course everything else....

HaDDeS
05-22-2004, 10:10 PM
Hey there ! ;) thanks a lot to all you to revive this thread !

Atomsk !, your wish may be soon granted ;) Kanti may be back for an other image with the atomsk guitar . . . as soon as i got some time , i'll do it !

thanks again everybody !

-- HaDDeS --

neuromancer
05-23-2004, 12:55 PM
FLCL rocks! amazing pic! my new wallpaper :)

Famboozled
06-11-2004, 08:38 AM
agh your link to your high resoultion picture is down or something, ooo my god this is beautfiul work I MUST HAVE IT AS MY WALLPAPER

electrox3d
08-15-2004, 08:24 PM
I must have the hi-rez! Must! Have! High! Rez!

Loved FLCL, love this totally SWEET render of Kanti just doin' its thang. This felt to me like when you see your fav comic character or cartoon brought to the big screen at the movies and it totally ROCKS!

I have to agree on one LITTLE thing when i first looked at this i didn't see it right away, which is perfectly OK with art... its one of its magics.... but, I think just selecting the side of his monitor-head in photoshop and maybe using the levels slider to just bring the edges or shape out more would be nice.

dude this shirt totally shows his attitude!! and the board... oh man, he wants to be human, he doesn't WANT to ride on a guitar! this is sweet!!

BRING BACK THE 1600 X 1200 WALLPAPER!!! :-D

electrox3d
08-15-2004, 10:41 PM
Holy crap guys! I know this is an "older" thread, but since the 1600x1200 didn't work I thought i'd look for it on google image search.

... found it.... along with a directory of render tests for this character AND a SWEET GUITAR (for a future FLCL image i assume?)

FINALLY I HAVE THE AWESOMENESS!!!

http://bois.nicolas.free.fr/canti/expose_final.jpg <- here's the 1600x1200

http://bois.nicolas.free.fr/canti/ <- here's the directory for all the other images (wireframes, tests, textures whatnot.)

jdsb
08-16-2004, 12:21 AM
this is sickeningly cool :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::arteest:

RedDream
08-16-2004, 02:31 AM
HoHo! A funny work!love it

HaDDeS
08-16-2004, 07:32 PM
Heyyy there :D !!!

Electrox3D well done ! ;) u ve discovered the cavern :p and all my apologies to you guys who where searching for the high rez version, i knew it was on my website but totaly forgot i moved the dir . . . And now bout the guitar, nope this is not new, in fact the guitar as been done before the robot ;) i always had in mind to do make the robot play with it . . . but then you know the story, no time. So far when i said i'll do it, i'll for sure model a new guitar and as you may have noticed on this link there are some screen shots from XSi, originaly everything was done in Max, but when i moved to XSi i moved the robot too. Honnestly i'm not very happy yet with it in XSi, i guess i should redo the modeling again, it would be way better.

Anyway that's it :) i'm still amased that people are coming again and again for this image, but it really pleases me !!!! thx a lot guys !

With the hope to post something as cool as this one . . . . soon .

Yours,

-- HaDDeS --
Nico

PeterSanitra
08-18-2004, 12:07 PM
i like the reflections

Masuhito
08-19-2004, 04:46 AM
Kanti never looked better than he does there. I like the wardrobe of choice. The design looks perfect the way it is.

Adalo
10-31-2004, 03:30 PM
Hi, i was googling for some good FLCL wallpaper and i came across this website and once i saw the pic u made of canti, my jaw just dropped. major props on the work, I'm interested to see what other work you have done. I'm a fan of yours already, keep it up!:buttrock:

UhChris
12-17-2004, 05:44 AM
YAY FLCL fans! that is awsome! seeing Kanti like that, really nice!

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.