PDA

View Full Version : Syflex Workflow??

loked
05-31-2003, 01:17 AM
Hi,

I'm currently trying to use Syflex for Maya for the first time on my latest project. I am struggling to work with it, because it is so slow and I keep getting undesirable results.

I use a low poly shirt object as my cloth object and my smoothed low poly skinned geometry as a collision object. The simulations take really long and the cloth keeps going right through his body. Especially when he moves faster. Its not that they dont collide at all, but the collisions are terrible, it never works properly. It always stretches or pops through. Please if anyone knows how to fix these problems and a workflow that may increase the speed, please let me know. Also any tips or advice would really be appreciated. Thanks!!

loked

mental
06-03-2003, 08:22 PM
hello loked,

this might seem like a cheap answer but you should really re-read the documents included with syflex. they give you most of the basic tips on optimizing the simulation (excluding certain faces, how to use stand-in geometry) and they explain all of the settings.

as far as the cloth going through the model: the documentation states that the collision object should be atleast twice as dense as the cloth object.

also remember that you can polysmooth an object after turning it into a cloth. syflex will then calculate the simulation based off of the lower density mesh. come rendering time you can bump up the polysmooth divisions.

finally the stretching that you're running into can be corrected by adjusting the the cloth's stretch and shear attributes (again it's all in the included documentation).

if it's still giving troubles call up or email Syflex LLC and they'll be glad to offer technical advice to a customer :thumbsup:

hope that helps
-mental :surprised

loked
06-03-2003, 08:40 PM
Hey Mental,

After messing around enough and playing with settings, I'm starting to get it right. Thanks for the answer though. Also thanks for the whole polysmooth tip. I did'nt know that, that really saves because I dont need to use wraps now. :thumbsup:

Later!!:)

loked

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.