PDA

View Full Version : messiah at Siggraph?

catizone
08-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Anyone know if there will be a messiah presence at Siggraph? Sure seems like it would be a great idea. I could just see people freaking out over how easy and powerful messiah is.

Best,
Rick

calilifestyle
08-11-2008, 06:18 PM
ah it sure doesnt seem like it.

Parsec3d
08-11-2008, 07:20 PM
my guess is ,, maybe running at some one else's stand like amd ,, just as in previous years..

catizone
08-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Darn. I know that there is huge cost involved in all that. But I just would LOVE to see Taron or Fred or someone up there demoing just how stinking simple messiah is and how elegantly powerful!

Was also hoping that since there have been such strides ion Render and adding fur, and whatever is in the new update coming, that maybe it might have been good for PMG.

Thanks for looking.

Best,
Rick

calilifestyle
08-13-2008, 05:55 PM
pmg should had set up a station at the intel or amd sections.

Bugpoo
08-14-2008, 12:02 AM
They've done it before...I think in conjunction with a hardware company...the cost probably outweighs the payback...especially when you consider they have other projects they work on and would have to find time to prepare all the material for presentations

calilifestyle
08-14-2008, 10:12 PM
They've done it before...I think in conjunction with a hardware company...the cost probably outweighs the payback...especially when you consider they have other projects they work on and would have to find time to prepare all the material for presentations

About how long ago. It had to be longer then 5 years. at lest for the LA area. i remember about 4 years ago they did have some kind show, outside of Sigg. but if i recall they had issues and didn't show any messiah demos. I dont think it would cost them much . when i walked passed the Intel booth they had XSI, Modo, max, mudbox, Houdini, c4d. again i believe Intel picks up the cost. All pmg would need to do is provide a guy or 2 to stand there and play.
Oh well almost over and done with. maybe next year. I have to say considering version 3.0 just popped out.. it would have been good idea to be there.

Bugpoo
08-14-2008, 10:20 PM
2004...I think they paired with AMD

http://messiah3d.scribblewiki.com/Taron
Video isn't up there anymore...I should have it somewhere if interested

They should ask Wegg to do some tutorials at Siggraph...he really is a messiah master!

Wegg
08-14-2008, 11:49 PM
pfft. Taron is like. . . 10 billion times more awe inspiring than I am to watch. I think I have an edge on coherence but he is way more entertaining. :-)

TylerAZambori
08-15-2008, 12:48 AM
I think they should come to NAB in Vegas in the springtime.
It's close to Los Angeles. All the other 3d software companies
participate in that. Newtek too!

They always have a lower cost section at these shows too,
not all the booths have fancy cushy wood paneling and thick
carpet, and etc.

CGTalk Moderation
08-15-2008, 12:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.