PDA

View Full Version : Eyebrow Interface Question.

LGuzik
08-06-2008, 12:23 AM
I'm setting up an interface for this dog character I made and am not sure how to go about setting up the controls for the eyebrows. I have a generic set of 4 blendshapes for eyebrows. Up and Down for the Left and Right brow. The interface of the controller is +/-1 in the x/y directions. I'd like to have it where the y controls the up and down of the eyebrows and the x controls which eyebrow is effected, or both in the 0 position. I've seen this set up in a couple of models so I guess it's common but I can't seem to find info on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RhettAllen
08-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Well, you just need to use a few nodes I imagine.

connect the translate y value of the control to the blendshape's value for one.

Then to get the x working, put a multiply/divide node inbetween the connections and put the x value in the second input. From there... depending on how you want it setup, use some add nodes to manipulate starting points for your x value to manipulate.

Did I explain clearly enough? If not tell me what you need to know.

LGuzik
08-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Awesome. It's working now! TY! I haven't had a class that covers this yet so it's been pretty much guess work setting this rig/interface up :P TY again!

CGTalk Moderation
08-06-2008, 03:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.