PDA

View Full Version : instancer... still cycling

angel
08-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Ah this is driving me nuts... I have an instancer with 4 meshes randomly selected with an expression assigned to the object index attribute. The instancer Cycle attribute is set to "None" however no matter what I do the meshes keep cycling through the list...

Any suggestions are welcomed... this is the first time I run into this issue.

optimus008
08-05-2008, 11:04 PM
Most likely your expression is a runtime and not a creation. Also expression will override any maya defualt attributes like cycle sequence.

angel
08-06-2008, 12:46 AM
That was exactly my first thought, however I tried it both ways, as runtime and as creation just in case but still does it on both counts. Remove the expression and it doesn't cycle anymore... it is just a simple random expression. I'll keep digging and see if I find anything else.

optimus008
08-06-2008, 03:23 AM
Ok you might be using the instance option with cycle sequence, go to the instance options and reset to default so that the cycle attribute is grayed out. If you have done that already could just be a Maya hiccup.

angel
08-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Hi there, I think is indeed a Maya hiccup... I just rebuilt the thing from scratch and it works just fine... go figure. Thanks for the suggestions tho. :thumbsup:

Aikiman
08-06-2008, 08:08 PM
You probably had it set to cycle when you first set the instancer up, even though you may have altered that later in the particle settings.

CGTalk Moderation
08-06-2008, 08:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.