PDA

View Full Version : Baking PFlow Instance Boned Animation?

StevieMac
08-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Basically I have a crowd of bugs driven by PFlow but each bug is an instance with its animation driven by bones for the walk cycle. I need all the animation to be baked so I can pass it on to someone who doesn't have Boxtools etc.

Any ideas?

Cheers guys.

PsychoSilence
08-06-2008, 09:11 AM
have a look at the pointcache modifier!

and opening a thread three times usually doesn´t make the helping process any faster ;)

anselm

StevieMac
08-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Point Cache, ok thanks.

Yeah sorry about the 3 posts the first 2 didn't appear till this morning but the final one appeared last night!

PsychoSilence
08-06-2008, 06:23 PM
nice blog and nice website btw! the fx reel rocks!

tell allan he´s a "Fotze" from me :)

StevieMac
08-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Thanks mate!

Heh heh will do ;)

StevieMac
08-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Ok I just gave this a try & I got this message......

'The current file contains no deformations, perhaps because it was recorded with no modifiers active.'

I clicked 'Enable Modifiers Below' but got the same result.

I added the Point Cache modifier to my PF Source is that the right way to do this or am I doing something wrong?

cheers guys.

StevieMac
08-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Still no luck guys. What part do i need to use PointCache on? The PFlow or the bug before its used as an instance?

thanks

StevieMac
08-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Ok I've got my bug walk cached using PointCache, I've also got this animation being used/instanced in PFlow.

If I use the PFlow Bake script it bakes the PFlow direction & the mesh of the bugs BUT the animation of the bugs is gone. So the bugs move around right but they no longer have a walk cycle.

Anyone know a fix for this?

CGTalk Moderation
08-12-2008, 04:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.