PDA

View Full Version : Render Wobble

Patrice05
08-04-2008, 05:06 PM
We rendered our twenty second "fly-in" to the smokey mountains and keep getting a distortion, like a warp effect in the rendered video. This happens with "broadcast" and "superior" settings in Vue but not with "final" setting. "Final" isn't quality enough for this animation, we need the anti-aliasing of the other settings.

Has anyone seen this? Did you find a solution? Should we use "user settings"? We'd love to get this on air!

I'm running Vue xStream 6.5-04

Mike.H
08-06-2008, 10:16 AM
easy answer is that you should of course use "user settings".

none of the premade render options are as good as what you´ll get when finetuning since they´ll either sacrifice quality or resources.

As for your warp it´s hard to tell what it is without seeing it.

Patrice05
08-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Thanks Mike,

I'm finally catching on to using "user settings" in Vue....The folks at RenderTitan found that I had vector motion blur turned on and that setting created the video "wobble."

We were crashing to get this animation on air or I would have posted video....next time.

Thanks again for your help!

CGTalk Moderation
08-08-2008, 01:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.