PDA

View Full Version : [Need help please] This Kind of Smoke

Tkaos
08-04-2008, 07:40 AM
Hello,

I'm working with fluid since yesterday, and I have to say, it's truly amazing :p I like it :)
(exept the render time...)

I'm trying to reproduce this kind of smoke (see attached document) I know it's start like an explosion but what I 'm looking for is to reproduce the end of the smoke mouvement (massive smoke)

I tried a cube emitter (by the way, how can I say to the fluid to take all the emitter box to emit and not only a portion please ? ) then I attached a Air field to, but the result is not pretty.

Someone Can help me, on this one please ? (I will post screenshot of my result asap, sorry).

Thanks, and Have a good day :p

phildog
08-05-2008, 12:15 AM
to get you started with your fluid fx container, use a volume axis field to push the sim sideways, positioned around the emission point of the fluid. You could use geometry as a collision object to make your 'cookie cutters'. While your testing this you might want to lower either the buoyancy (density buoyancy) or gravity.

Tkaos
08-05-2008, 07:21 AM
Hey, thank you ! I'll try it tonight and post results asap ! thanks for the help :)

CGTalk Moderation
08-05-2008, 07:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.