PDA

View Full Version : complaint

duga8
08-03-2008, 08:12 PM
It's a greate shame on Maxon that something like this could happen.. No on-screen respond for spline creation, although it was fine before. I am in the process of evaluating the app, and even presented some modeling works in the forums. Apart from that I must state that in the past I've used Rhino, and the connecting & disconnecting objects has never caused me such headache. These procedures should be easy for the novice. In addition, up to this point I haven't been able to apply shaders as they appear. I always get black square.
Regretfully, I will propably dump C4d never to look at it again.

imashination
08-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Youve never asked a single question in the cinema 4d forum, maybe that would be a better idea instead of posting dozens of app-specific questions to the modelling and shader forums where youve clearly never had any replies.

If you have a problem with splines, explain it, or post a screenshot. "no onscreen respond" wont get you any answers because we have no idea what the problem is.

ThE_JacO
08-03-2008, 09:42 PM
and this is a thread for general discussion how exactly?

Horganovski
08-03-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm not sure I understand the question(s?)..

One thing I would say is that if you can't figure out how to add shaders in Cinema it's not going to get any easier in any other app out there.

Cheers,
Brian

Other3DMaster
08-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Strange, this is the second time in less than a week we've had someone bashing C4D out of the blue. I smell a rat.

LemonNado
08-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Don't feed the Troll. Someone close this thread!
Rainer

Tank_3D_Attack
08-03-2008, 11:13 PM
...Regretfully, I will propably dump C4d never to look at it again.

Wow if I would do that with every software that gives me an issue I would sit here starring at nothing. Seriously, take a deep breath and have a drink or so... then go back to it and try to find the real cause of the problem and do some research before posting a rant.

Secondly, if you would be using a nice tone you might find that people are more willing to help those that are serious and "in serious" need.

Thomas

Erik Heyninck
08-04-2008, 06:30 AM
He is not that same person.
If I remember well, Duga has been a member over at Renderosity before coming here.
Not all Israeli's speak and write fluent English and I guess it's a language-problem.
There should be a beginner's forum here, or perhaps it would be a good idea for him to visit the cafe as it's there he'll find what he needs.

Katachi
08-04-2008, 07:48 AM
No intention to be impolite, but only one advice: Read the fu**** manual! There´s nothing more to say.

sketchbook
08-04-2008, 08:23 AM
sheesh. lot of bad juju in this thread. explain the problem, and we will help. this is a helpful forum usually.

avgas
08-04-2008, 08:55 AM
This forum and the others where duga has posted are all helpful, but I have to agree with Designer on this one. That and work through the quickstart tuts plus the many other tutorials that are out there.

Ernest Burden
08-04-2008, 11:42 AM
I remember when I first bought Cinema. I am a 3D veteran from the dawn of PC time, so I figured I should be able to jump in and make magic. It's not a realistic expectation. At first I wondered how anyone could take this mess of a program seriously. Then I had to do the work of getting to know the controls and over time have gotten competent with it. Mastery will take a little longer.

On the comparison to Rhino--C4D is not a CAD program, though it has a lot of similar features. I still use CAD on every project and send C4D the parts I can do best with it. Sometimes I send parts of models back and forth, taking advantage of unique features, or those I'm most comfortable using, of both. Most 3D pros are like that. Keep in mind that there is very little C4D cannot do, and usually do quite well. If you start with that idea, its just a matter of finding out how to do it as you expect. There are some things it doesn't do, or doesn't do as well as another app. This forum is full of posts about those things, so search and read. Otherwise, you may miss out on a great program by not allowing yourself the time needed to get to know it.

There's always Max.

marcovth
08-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Why don't you try Modo for modeling?

Second thought ... Modo is not for :shrug: as well.

RBLum
08-04-2008, 12:47 PM
the worst part working with 3d applications is being inexperienced .. finding the right pipeline is the key.. modo is a great companion to C4D, though I'm not sure about spline modeling but as i said find the tools u can depend on best. :arteest: