PDA

View Full Version : Time for school, Timothy Callaway (3D)

TimCallaway
08-03-2008, 05:11 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/334503/334503_1217783509_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/334503/334503_1217783509_large.jpg)

Title: Time for school
Name: Timothy Callaway
Software: HDR Shop, Maya, mental ray, Photoshop

Putting two models together. I wanted to see how they would look. I'm trying to get a more real look and feel for this kind of thing. I used over a hundred reference photos for the school.

This was a project for Intermediate modeling. We had to model a hard surface model. I choose to model this car, I used blueprints for refrence of the car. I used Maya for modeling and texturing. mentalray was used for the rendering. Using Final gather, Global Illumination, and the physical Sun and Sky shader.

I'd like to know what you guys think.

Cheers!

SpaXe
08-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Hey Tim, good job.

There are some minor issues with polygons pinching, but I can let that go. Have you references of the car in front of the school building? I think the shader looks a bit too clean and plastic, instead of car paint. You may want to refer back to the reference for the materials.

TimCallaway
08-04-2008, 02:03 AM
Hey Tim, good job.

There are some minor issues with polygons pinching, but I can let that go. Have you references of the car in front of the school building? I think the shader looks a bit too clean and plastic, instead of car paint. You may want to refer back to the reference for the materials.

Thank you SpaXe so much for the critique
I totally agree with the polygons pinching, I just never got feedback on it before. ( It was always buggin me in the back of my head ) These are two completly diffrent models from diffrent times. But having the car there at the school would help alot, thanks so much for the idea.

CGTalk Moderation
08-04-2008, 02:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.