PDA

View Full Version : Errors with Transporter

futagoza
08-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Hi Blair, all,

i have a 400MB+ .obj file and tried to run it via Transporter 5.5.5 (PPC), but this action fails.
When setting "Model Buffer size" to <=1000000000 Bytes Transporter gives me the
error message "out of Memory making polygon:3". Setting the Byte size >=1000000000 Bytes i receive the error message "Size check failed".

I could try to load it directly into EIAS but had bad experiences (missing polygons) in the past.

I have 2.5 GB of RAM in my little iMac so this should be no problem.

Any clues or fixes would be greatly appreciated.

ediris
08-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Hi Stefan,
Why havent you try via FBX, is way faster than Transporter. From which modeling software are you exporting your models from?

futagoza
08-03-2008, 03:51 PM
I have tried FBX Converter Edgard, but it gives me also an error message...

The file is an original .PLY file from the Stanford Model Repository (Thai Statuette, 10 million polygons) which i converted on my old SGI box with "ply2obj" because MeshLab makes it much bigger. I tried also Blender but it couldnīt handle that .ply file either.

Regards
Stefan

ediris
08-03-2008, 03:56 PM
You have Silo it can work as a converter so export the file as FBX is the fastest way man i have export heavy Meshes wit Transporter, it is way to slow for me.

I didnt mean the FBX converter. Just a way you can export as FBX and open the file directly in EI. I think SIlo is your best option otherwise send me the model man. Via email.

futagoza
08-03-2008, 04:12 PM
I thought of Silo too, but it takes far to long to load 400MB (or not, spinning beach ball!)

Iīm afraid but i think iīm not able to send 400MB as email, but thanks anyway for the kind offer!

Letīs see if Blair can explain the error messages and if i can convert it via Transporter, even if it takes a whole night ;) .

Regards
Stefan

MagicEgger
08-03-2008, 09:29 PM
And OBJ2FACT?

I think the best EIAS/OBJ converter

Tomas

futagoza
08-04-2008, 06:33 AM
While it might be the best .fac converter, for occasional conversions i do i stick with Transporter and others since itīs IMHO to expensive. I just wanted to test EIAS polygon crunching capabilities on my little iMac, so itīs no big issue if it doesnīt work.

Regards
Stefan

ediris
08-04-2008, 07:01 AM
Hopefully EITG can buy OBJ2FACT!! :), good technology is alway good to have on your host.

CGTalk Moderation
08-04-2008, 07:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.