PDA

View Full Version : First Blender Tutorial

Elsdon
05-30-2003, 11:01 AM
Just finished my first tut for Blender on texturing.
:applause:

It's aimed at the newest of the new Blender users so it is remedial. Let me know what you think of it.

http://www.geocities.com/woodsmith102000/Tutorials1.html?

Thanks

Elsdon

dreamsgate
05-30-2003, 02:13 PM
Well I haven't been a newbie for quite awhile, but I wish I had had that tutorial when I had started. It is very clearly and well written. It should help newbies considerably.

recycleBin
05-30-2003, 02:26 PM
Well I am newest of the new to Blender so I'll try it out later on when I get home... I took a look at it and its like something that should help me get started...

I'll post my results with it here if you want...

recycleBin
05-31-2003, 03:26 PM
Its good so far, but when I try to add the second texture, when I click on the load image button the program crashes... Do you know what the problem could be? :shrug:

recycleBin
05-31-2003, 03:58 PM
SUCCESS!

I finished the tutorial and my results were pretty good. You wrote this very well and its was easy to understand what was going on. The images with the red borders around what you were referring to helped a lot...

Good work.

One question though, how do I save the render as an image?

recycleBin
05-31-2003, 05:37 PM
After looking at a tutorial and fumbling around with buttons for about a half hour I figured out how to save the render as an image, here is the result I got from your tutorial...

http://members.aol.com/NKhabir/holla/bricks.jpg

Of course I couldn't get the same exact texture you used in the tutorial, but I think it came out good for my first EVER thing done in Blender...

Elsdon
05-31-2003, 10:53 PM
recycleBin,

I think it came out pretty well also.

Thanks for the comments on the tut I appreciate them.

The next one (in progress) will go into more detail on how to fine tune the textures.

Have fun with Blender and keep up the good work.

Elsdon

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.