PDA

View Full Version : One-Sided Collision Objects?

DimensionalPunk
08-03-2008, 02:31 AM
I've got a beehive swinging from a branch through a swarm of particle instanced bees and I can't keep the bees from getting trapped inside the hive. The hive is set as a collision object, but with the swinging, a large number find themselves inside and can't get out, I get a lot of half bees sticking out of the hive. I've also tried losing the collision object and just using a radial field to repel the bees, but many still get by. Is there a way to setup my collision object as one-sided? Or does anyone have another suggestion?

Wick3dParticle
08-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Hey Kees,

Something that you can try to do is crank up the Tessellation factor values in the geo connector node. You can find that node by surfing through the tabs on your particle shape, or the collision object.

~Ilan

DimensionalPunk
08-04-2008, 02:16 AM
Thanks, that was half of my problem. The other was that my emitter was getting backed up with bees. I turned it down a little and repositioned it and it's doing much better now.

CGTalk Moderation
08-04-2008, 02:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.