PDA

View Full Version : Conan In Battle, Peter Nguyen (2D)

ShogunWarrior
08-02-2008, 09:06 AM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/263196/263196_1217735781_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/263196/263196_1217735781_large.jpg)

Title: Conan In Battle
Name: Peter Nguyen
Software: Photoshop

Once again I have rendered Conan since it is a favorite character of mine. The concept artwork here was to suggest what would conan look like in battle with tribal tattoos, blood in his hands, scratches and wounds on his body. I was supposed to enter it in Comicon but decided to scratch the idea. Critics welcome and thank you for looking at my piece of artwork..

Hecatomb
08-02-2008, 11:59 AM
My biggest crit here would be the lack of details in certain areas. For example his chest and face are fairly detailed but his sword looks like a big spot of smudge and blur, which unbalances the image a lot. Creating a depth of field is one thing, but try to keep up the detailing in all areas before you apply it. :)

Zenr
08-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Great hair and facial expression used in this Peter - the image overall is good, thought the bottom half could have been a little more sharper in focus. Not bad though Peter.

Patrick.

leocda
08-02-2008, 09:09 PM
Something in his face makes him look like female, but I don't know exactly what.

The body is very nice, but his left hand and the sword are a little bit out of focus.

Strong arms and nice tatoos.

You are a very skilled artist.

ShogunWarrior
08-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Hi, thanks you guys for the critizim. I'll update my artwork and repost it tonight, thanks again guys.

Araval
08-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Something in his face makes him look like female, but I don't know exactly what.
I think its becouse his eyes, light blue irises and too strong eyelashes.

Hoever is a very nice character...
Congratulations :)

ShogunWarrior
08-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Maybe the dark rings in his eyes and long hair makes him look more feminine but conan is betrayed as a long haired barbarian. The muscles and physical facial structure does make him look manly. Anyways, I like the way he looks and im glad you guys have given me lots of suggestions so next time i know exactly what to expect when i render conan again.

CGTalk Moderation
08-03-2008, 10:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.