Ryonosuke11
08-02-2008, 02:39 AM
I just finished putting together a new rig with

dual Xeon E5410's
TYAN S5392ANR Mainboard
8gb RAM
MSI NX8800GT 512M
SeaSonic S12 Energy Plus 650PSU

Everything is running fine got the latest version of XP 64 on it and the newest nvidia drivers for the card...

HEre's my problem...I noticed the UI was responding slowly when working in some apps... So I ran Cinebench and the OGL score is a 3109... which according to numbers I've seen is half what it should be...

Did some research and I'm pretty sure its either a power issue or a driver issue... I DID plug the 12v cable into the 8800gt itself and the 12v cable into the mainboard...

Did research online and found this "A GeForce 8800 GT requires at least 26A on the +12v rails." My PSU supplies 52A total across the 12v rails... Is that not enough? I'm only using 2 12v's ...one on the 8800gt and one into the Mainboard...

Anybody have any advice on where I should focus my efforts? Thanks!

Update: Seems to be an openGL only problem...ran some directx benchmarks and its where it should be... So that rules out a power issue correct? So it must be a driver issue?

CGTalk Moderation
08-02-2008, 02:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.