PDA

View Full Version : Short Film in WIP

oneczech
08-01-2008, 11:10 PM
Note:
PLEASE, FOLLOW THE UPDATES ON THE SHOTS ALWAYS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE THREAD. THANK YOU

Ahoj,
i have been working on this short for couple months ... . i got finaly to animation stage now and realized it would be great if i could have some people to give me their feedback since i got to the point that it would really help to have other eyes to see what i dont ... would be much appreciated. Thank you ...

here are the characters

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/family.jpg

here is one shot out of many. Noah just got home, is about to turn the lamp on and then he looks in a direction of the living room where his parents sit in front of TV - ALL THE TIME. Which gets him annoyed. The lighting should be illuminated by flickering TV light until he turns the lamp on. Then he flips a calendar ... and walks away from the shot .. Camera should be "hand held" .. though this is just a test ... lots of details to still care about

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/Sh9_b/Sh9_b.mov

andrewmartin
08-02-2008, 03:01 AM
Great character designs!

I have a few comments about the animation but I'd like to see the clip without the wireframe before I say anything. It's far too distracting...

oneczech
08-02-2008, 07:55 AM
ok so the animation link has been updated .. no wireframe now
thanks

mim-Armand
08-02-2008, 09:02 AM
I can't see the movie David! it says link has been broken!
Btw I like character concepts and drawings, really amazing work, ;)

mim,

Nucleo
08-02-2008, 09:20 AM
Hey David,

Very cool job man on this. Especially the character designs are awesome. As far as animation goes it looks pretty good. A few things i noticed are that the arc and overlap of the head as he goes down before he turns and look at his parents need some tweaking (something happening with the kneck there i think).

Also the facial expression you have in there when he gets annoyed by his parents is a bit floaty (if that makes sense). Maybe hold that annoyed facial expression more frames so it reads better.

The hand held motion of the camera looks pretty good although i personally would use a simple pan or tilt of the camera but this ofcourse depends on style and personal taste.

As far as story goes, i know its one shot only but there are some stuff that i dont understand in the scene like. Where is he coming from? Why is he annoyed with his parents? what is he reading in that calendar. When he looks annoyed with his parents do you cut to a shot of them watching tv?

Well i hope this helps, good work and good luck man, cant wait to see more of it.

Andreas

oneczech
08-02-2008, 09:38 AM
I can't see the movie David! it says link has been broken!
Btw I like character concepts and drawings, really amazing work, ;)

mim,

here is one more link. hope it works. it does on my computer. the old one i just replaced the file with a new one so that could have been the problem. this time, it is a new link ...

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/Sh9_b2/Sh9_b2.mov

and THANKS Mim. I'm glad you like the characters. I had a friend Leo Ito from Vancouver to design them and then i worked hard on polishing the looks from 2D concepts to 3D. That was a real challenge. Lot's of sculpting and changing details .. ... but the animation is the biggest challenge for me so far .. so any feedback is great,

Thanks Andreas. I could post more stuff as I move on. This project was supposed to be in between of some regular work but turned out to be my full time focus. So now i have three more months only to work on the animation ..

The story goes like this. Noah gets home, opens the door and walks in ... his parents and sista always watch their TV. and as days go by Noah gets more and more frustrated. Most of the shots on the inside are illuminated by TV flickering light. He always checks what his family is doing and nobody pays attention to anything but TV. That is what annoys him the most ... the end should have a twist to the story but for most of the story, you should get a feeling that the TV destroys the relationships and that Noah is the victim in effect. .. and that he is the one that is not effected by the TV frenzy and does not understand why everybody from his family is so hooked on. ....

The format is kinda like a longer commercial ad .. more like an MTV ad .. 90seconds or so but from looking at my storyboard and layout, it may even get close to 2 minutes. That is a challenge to work on a shot and move on to another when i feel like i should stay with the one before a bit longer ... that's why i would love to have some of you to help me see better ...

doffer
08-03-2008, 11:00 AM
Hey oneczech
Amazing characters!
Pretty good animation too.

I have a couple of notes though, if you don't mind.

I'd suggest that you pull the camera out a bit, so that you don't cut off the top of his head. To me it's pretty distracting, that it's so close to his face, it's easy to lose track of thing.

And then I'd hold the annoying eyebrow movement a bit, so it doesn't just go down and up right after, but have a moving hold key 3 to 5 frames, and then move it up.

Cheers

AFightingPanda
08-03-2008, 01:09 PM
if this is a repeat of another post sorry, dont have a lot of time to read the others. I think the animation looks cool but I felt that even in this stage the way the camera is moving is very distracting to me. The camera has a lot of move ins and outs and a couple of seemingly pointless moves. I would say try to clean up the camera movement a bit, as for the animation its looks pretty good and look forward to seeing it really polished up.

Paul B
08-03-2008, 03:22 PM
I'm also finding the camera moves distracting, even though I love the design. In all the wide shots, he feels too high in the frame (you need to be wider). Hand-held shots can shake or wobble but only a very bad home video has lots of zoom in and outs. You can zoom, but generally in only one direction per shot. Once you reverse the zoom, the camera move will take attention from your action and take us out of the story.

1)when you push in on his face, I expect to CUT to a shot from his point of view to see what has caught his attention

2)then CUT back to him in the wider framing for his final grimace and turning to the calendar

...if the hand-held look is just for style, PLEASE don't! The character and mood look very cool!

oneczech
08-04-2008, 04:14 PM
here is updated and i belived final version .. cause i have to move on

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/Sh9_e/Sh9_e.mov

I tried to pay attention to most of your notes ....

thanks a lot

oneczech
08-04-2008, 05:59 PM
and here are two shots together as Noah walks in ...

I appologize to those, that get distracted with the wireframe ... i actually get focused a bit better cause i read the depth better ... (makes me also feel like it is textured). In the future i could post it without it ...

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/WalkIn/WalkIn.mov

i wonder about adding two more cuts .. when he opens the door - show his face for a second

and as Paul B suggested, one more cut to show what he was observing ...

as far as emotions, i decided to keep it more neutral cause this is the beginging and the point of the story is that Noah is getting gradually frustraded. SO this may be too soon to show that ...

andrewmartin
08-05-2008, 10:58 PM
The new camera work is much better.

I think the quality of movement is great. I realise you have to move on, but I would comment on not really "getting" what he's doing... From an acting POV I'd have preferred to see him enter, put his keys on the table, notice the TV flickering, look, get annoyed, then turn on the light to check the calendar. I take it he's turning on the light so he can read the calender? Why is he looking at the calendar? I just think it's a little unclear. But with the rest of the shots it may work just fine.

BUT with what you have it still works. If I was to suggest something to improve what you already have, it would be to work on his look towards the TV room and his reaction to that. Right now I don't think that expression is clear. If this is something that happens all the time, he seems to be looking in that direction and taking a while for it to sink in that they're watching TV. It would click immediately, and he'd get annoyed just as quickly. I think that's why a POV shot of the family watching TV would be worth considering...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing it all put together. The character designs are fantastic and I'm keen to see more!

Good job!

oneczech
08-05-2008, 11:55 PM
ahoj Andrew

well i can try to explain the story and if that wont work, i could try to change the acting later down the row ...

this process of Noah coming home everyday is, obviously, an everyday routine ... he comes home, gets off his backpack and walks around the flat to see what's happening. all the time when he comes in the evening, only the TV lights are on coming from the living room and sista's room. So the first day, when he comes home, he tries to turn on the lamp ... yet before he does that he wonders around ... the will be the POV to see the flat for the first time and the TV light coming from two rooms. ... So that is why i wanted him to express some dazed moment of thinking before the light is turned on. then the calendar is there to suggest how days, weeks and months are passing by .. the more we move on with the story the more cuts are quicker with some quick repeated actions .. such as the calendar ....

one day when he is almost down on his bottom of frustration, he tries to open the door, it gets stuck a bit so he pushes it hard to open and then walks all the way without stopping to the living room ..

so this particular shot is wrapped around by these other events ...

i hope to have the longest shots done by the end of the month and then i hope to work on the shorter once with some spare time to tweak more "bad" moments with these fist shots .. so any feedback may be actually brought in later on .. hope so.

... i will post a closer look of his face .... i think my first try was a bit too much expressive for the opening shot .. this is the first time we see his face close ... and if i want to build frustration over the time, this should be still pretty neutral, maybe bored, teenage like ...

thanks again, very much ..

oneczech
08-05-2008, 11:58 PM
here is what i have done today ... i still think this is more or less blocking stage .. with a bit of smooth curves there. tomorrow i would like Noah to look at himself in the mirror and wipe it with his hand .... there we will see another shot close up of his face in the mirror getting a bit sad or hopeless ... this is the middle of the story ... i wonder what i will come up with

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/Sh39_a/Sh39_a.mov

oneczech
08-06-2008, 12:08 AM
here is the close up of what's happening on his face .. what do you think?

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/Sh8_34/Sh8_34.mov

hank_dk
08-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Hi David. :) Cool to look at your stuff in here - always nicer to see you in person though, but this will due.. I guess.

I like the two shots with him entering and the following one by the lamp. Camera looks a bit like it "knows" what the character is going to do at the very end - meaning that it's moving a bit too much in sync with him if you get my drift. I would go for some less camera movement, since now it is making me aware of the "photographer" a bit too much.

Is "Sh8_34.mov" is just a way to show us the face, or is it intended to be a shot aswell?

note.
I think it would good if you PlayBlasted with a framecounter
- easier to refere to details that way.. but anyway looks cool!

Pttr
08-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Looking good! When I see the closeup of the face I feel his eyes are moving around too much, it looks like he is just looking into an empty space, thinking, when you want him to actually look at the people on the couch. So I would fixate the eyes more and also make the facial expression a bit more extreme.

Good work!
Petter

oneczech
08-06-2008, 09:27 PM
So since the most annoying thing is the cam motion, i will focus on animation of the character first and then once i most of the shots, i will do the cams ...

here is some update to consider.

Petter: this is how i corrected the eyes ...
Henrik: the close up is only to show what is happening on Noah's face ...

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/Sh8_34_closeup/Sh8_34_closeup.mov

This is that bathroom shot from yesterday .. final cam angle and one that will eventually appear in the mirror .. mostly only his face after he wipes the glass

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/Sh40_FaceInmirror/Sh40_FaceInmirror.mov

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/Sh40_theCam/Sh40_theCam.mov

THANK YOU ! you guys have very good eyes ...

oneczech
08-18-2008, 10:17 AM
here is one more update ... a shot that frustrated me quite a lot over the last week. only 6 seconds and so much trouble. and there are details such as hands and hair that i just dont have time to really figure out ... but the lighting should be pretty dark cause Synthia is watching some TV show, gets disappointed and bored but there will be most likely only the TV light doint the illumination. So i hope most of the little stuff will get hidden in the dark ..

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/Sh24_last/Sh24_last.mov

mim-Armand
08-29-2008, 09:42 PM
So since the most annoying thing is the cam motion, i will focus on animation of the character first and then once i most of the shots, i will do the cams ...
this is a good idea although the camera move looks like workin for me in that last edition

anyway, I see your three last updates and like em all too, have no crit really just a suggestion that when he comes in the room firt stand and look a bit at his family then TV and then what he doing right now! btw it's just works really by now, just my thought;

about the new Synthia shotjust one thing is that I think he can't take his look from TV, when you see ppl watching what their like on TV, you'll see they do anything without looking at anywhere instead of the screen! ewhen when eating ,etc!

Btw I'm wonder what is your facial animation pipeline? are you used blended shapes or a facial rig? I ask it coz I loke how your character faces acts!

it is really going to be a nice-awsome work buddy, so keep on working, and let me say it's going reall well sofar in all aspects, either animate, model, shots, etc! :)

mim,

PS:
ah! almost forgot! I wonna say it's really great if you just show us the story boards too, and I'll suggest to code your shot renders, then when it comes more to complete you have a clean desk of things! you know! ;)

oneczech
08-31-2008, 08:01 PM
a new set of shots ...

SH12, 17 ... parents watching TV, changing channels ... this will be split into two shots and dad at the end will look in the direction of the kid just to register that he heard him slam the door to his room .. and so he turns the volume up. I still have to animace dad's face and eyes ..

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/Sh12/Sh12,17.mov

Noah, the kid, is getting more frustrated and this shot is him on his bed fooling around with a useless toy. this toy will have a face with a very apathetic expression ... i think this one will be funny

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/Sh32_fin/Sh32_fin-iPhone.mov

Here is a pretty obvious cut ... dad sleeping and mum ironing .. watching what? TV

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/Sh22/Sh22.mov

this shot could be a bit confusing at first. Noah will get home again, comes to the living room and finds out the room is empty, nobody's there ... so he smiles (other shot) yet then hears something from the bathroom .. so he goes to check and sees dad pissing .. i may want to take dad and have him sit. less to animate which is what i have not done yet.
So there may be cut right after he looks at him ... or i may have him look back to the living room and have dad to come by him ... and i have not done Noah's face to express wonder as he walks slowly toward the bathroom ... still to come

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/Sh44_c/Sh44_c.mov

Second shot .. Noah walks into the building .. i wonder if i could reuse this shot again and still have people not notice that it is the same animation ...

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/Sh2_fin/Sh2_fin.mov

I had a question .. it would be very usefull to have certain information as part of the playblasts .... such as name of the scene, number etc ... i tried to find some mel on highend3d but could not find any. ... would you know? anybody??

thank you

oneczech
08-31-2008, 08:50 PM
Btw I'm wonder what is your facial animation pipeline? are you used blended shapes or a facial rig? I ask it coz I loke how your character faces acts!

Thanks mim for your post.

Basically the best solution i found in Jason Osipa's Stop Starring book 2nd edition ... this second ed. is amazing. I have been using his way ever since his first release and wondered about some improvements. and he did it in the second book. it gives you amazing freedome to set up your own interface, connect blends and make corrective shapes out of whatever combination of shapes you choose .. so he sped up the proecess and gave you much better tools to work with. i cannot imagine to do it any other way ... this is especially much better improved version for somebody that does not code. such as myself. so get his book and the tools from there. really a good way to make a setup that works.

i could post my board but it has changed a bit. but at this point i would love to have some mel script that could record name and number of each shot to all playblasts.

i also plan on making a video with static shots (that are to do) and already animated shots to see my progress. i wonder about the pipeline so afterEffects could update as i playblast to each shot folder. that would really help ...

Thanks again.

mim-Armand
09-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Dunno if it's just me or no, but I can't see any of new shots you put here unfortunately again;

,mim.Armand

oneczech
09-08-2008, 03:49 PM
im not sure what is wrong with it. i have other people that can see it and i can see the url working as well. basically i just use QT to save for web ... and it generates the mov and m4v files. i upload these two and link to the mov file that reads the m4v file. that's it ..

carandia
09-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Can't see any of the clips either, they say it weights just 80 bytes, your characters are really good, I like the proportions and the matching visual language between them, great work, would be great to see the clips aswell, by the way I'm just animating characters from a friend's drawing, it's under the name "Les Beacoup Pollé" on the WIP-animation would be great if you check it out and drop your oppinion, thanks in advance, keep it up.

KyleG
09-08-2008, 06:39 PM
stuffs looking pretty good so far, could you turn off the wireframe before making playblasts from now on, hard to see whats going on in the face with wireframe on

mim-Armand
09-08-2008, 07:23 PM
im not sure what is wrong with it. i have other people that can see it and i can see the url working as well. basically i just use QT to save for web ... and it generates the mov and m4v files. i upload these two and link to the mov file that reads the m4v file. that's it ..
for me it just shows a QT icon with a "?" sign on it! http://www.pic4ever.com/images/297.gif

mim,

oneczech
09-09-2008, 08:52 PM
ok i will try to playblast without the wireframe. ... for now there has not been much of expressions ...

for you guys that cannot see the clips, i may have to upload the m4v files as extra cause else i dont know how to fix it. some can see it some dont. give me some time ..

do you think it is normal that after some time i no longer my animation ? :-) uff, pretty hard to concentrate with so much work ahead ...

carandia
09-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Now I could see the clips, I think it was because of Firefox quicktime plugin, watch them on Microsoft Internet Explorer, by the way your animation looks great man, those characters are really really interesting and good looking, their movements I think are going according of how they look, there's a good relation there, maybe in some parts the movements on the characters looks a little rigid and weird timing specially on the girl's clip, but don't know maybe I'm wrong, anyway keep it up man, this looks promising.

oneczech
09-10-2008, 07:38 AM
i would agree with the girl's clip. she is watching TV and then she gets disappointed and bored ... i have to fight this anim style cause these characters would not handle cartoon overlaps and exaggarated motion (which makes me feel really frustrated in times) and yet trying to make is smooth at the same time is a big challenge for me ... sometimes i feel like what the heck have i gotten myself into ...

oneczech
09-10-2008, 07:46 AM
here are two more clips.

looking at the entering the building, not bad but i hope the lighting at night and motion blur will help to hide the rigid look of it .. at least to me, now, it looks rigid ..

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/Opening/Opening.mov

Entering the flat

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/EnteringTheFlat/EnteringTheFlat.mov

here is my first lighting test ... would be great to have somebody to help me out with lighting, :-) cause i would have more time to polish animation and i love working in a team:-)

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/lobby_test_2.jpg

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/door_test_1.jpg

carandia
09-10-2008, 03:09 PM
i would agree with the girl's clip. she is watching TV and then she gets disappointed and bored ... i have to fight this anim style cause these characters would not handle cartoon overlaps and exaggarated motion (which makes me feel really frustrated in times) and yet trying to make is smooth at the same time is a big challenge for me ... sometimes i feel like what the heck have i gotten myself into ...

Come on man, don't get the motivation down, you are making a great work by now, well maybe you don't need all that exagerated motion on your animation to make it look good and keep having a strong expression, you should watch some references of this on movies, stand up comedians, puppet shows, I can't remember right now of which movie could help you but sure there are many that have characters with "little expression" but still big and strong if you know what I mean, uhmm I remember one "The Diving Bell And The Butterfly" I tell this one because it may sound strange but the main actor it's paralysed, and has just the ability to blink his eyes on purpose, and you can see what's he's feelling or doing because of all the environment, his thoughts and the other characters perception, you should give it a look, by the way it's a wonderful film.

carandia
09-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Wow man by the way those new clips looks tight, I like the camera movement and the movements on the character itself, that closing on the garbage bin it's a nice touch to make the character lively and give him some kind of personality, the illumination tests are also great, good work.

KnoopA
09-18-2008, 09:08 PM
How did you model those characters? I'm really digging the style.

oneczech
09-19-2008, 10:48 AM
thanks for the words of support. i have taken ten days off to take an art class at the local university at figure drawing. so i can create something completly different and stay away for the computer ..

well how did i do the characters? ...

it stared as a 2d sketch. .... at first i care only about the loops, no poly count, precise shape, quads and so on. So I started modeling the head first with a basic shape that i used to draw nurbs curves along the surface (then i delete the shape that was used only to get the volume right) - .. - mouth curves and eyes particularly - to get the loops right. Lofting the curves and sculpting the nurbs shape with nurbs curves. so no box polygon. that is confusing to me. once i got the shape i wanted i would delete the nurbs surface and loft the curves again, this time in polygons having the edges in nice loops and in the right shape .... . and then continued modeling the head, connecting individual parts - eyes, nose, mouth, ears that i got from the nurbs curves. until i got the basic shape of a head with proper loops. Then it took a week (most of my time on his head) to sculpt the look and style and proportions as we wanted using a lot deformers - lattice, soft mod, sculpt polygon tool cause i like to use the resolution higher and sculpt rather then push cvs. Im more into getting "a head" up soon and then sculpt and shape it slowly for the style. The hair is all 3D polygon, as obvious no plugin, again it took a while to come up with a hairstyle that would look nice sculpted. (not sure if i like it from all angles though). all the details are sculpted and just a simple ramp with a facing ratio toward the cam applied to make more lines. Again, i made a Nurmbs wire cage and then filled the space with polygons .. this way i focus only on the direction of the loops so once i figure it out, then polygons just pop up into the right shape ... nothing too special i think. Hair is NOT textured via a painted photoshop texture. Except for the eyes, that is a simple ramp as well, and dad's brows. the rest of the color is a phothoshop texture. ....

but it is really not about the way you model .. rather the style and design i would say. that took a long time to tweak it. especially on the girl. and believe it or not, dad and the girl are all sculpted from the kid's head. once i have a basic head up it's all about using deformers to sculpt it ... oh and one great new tool is the slide edge tool ... very useful :-)

KnoopA
09-19-2008, 03:22 PM
thanks for the words of support. i have taken ten days off to take an art class at the local university at figure drawing. so i can create something completly different and stay away for the computer ..

well how did i do the characters? ...

it stared as a 2d sketch. .... at first i care only about the loops, no poly count, precise shape, quads and so on. So I started modeling the head first with a basic shape that i used to draw nurbs curves along the surface (then i delete the shape that was used only to get the volume right) - .. - mouth curves and eyes particularly - to get the loops right. Lofting the curves and sculpting the nurbs shape with nurbs curves. so no box polygon. that is confusing to me. once i got the shape i wanted i would delete the nurbs surface and loft the curves again, this time in polygons having the edges in nice loops and in the right shape .... . and then continued modeling the head, connecting individual parts - eyes, nose, mouth, ears that i got from the nurbs curves. until i got the basic shape of a head with proper loops. Then it took a week (most of my time on his head) to sculpt the look and style and proportions as we wanted using a lot deformers - lattice, soft mod, sculpt polygon tool cause i like to use the resolution higher and sculpt rather then push cvs. Im more into getting "a head" up soon and then sculpt and shape it slowly for the style. The hair is all 3D polygon, as obvious no plugin, again it took a while to come up with a hairstyle that would look nice sculpted. (not sure if i like it from all angles though). all the details are sculpted and just a simple ramp with a facing ratio toward the cam applied to make more lines. Again, i made a Nurmbs wire cage and then filled the space with polygons .. this way i focus only on the direction of the loops so once i figure it out, then polygons just pop up into the right shape ... nothing too special i think. Hair is NOT textured via a painted photoshop texture. Except for the eyes, that is a simple ramp as well, and dad's brows. the rest of the color is a phothoshop texture. ....

but it is really not about the way you model .. rather the style and design i would say. that took a long time to tweak it. especially on the girl. and believe it or not, dad and the girl are all sculpted from the kid's head. once i have a basic head up it's all about using deformers to sculpt it ... oh and one great new tool is the slide edge tool ... very useful :-)Thanks, this was really helpfull. I just never seem to make a good sketch, but I'm practicing really much. As for the slice edge tool, I use modo to model so I use other tools for that. :P

Thanks

Erwin Knoop

Paul B
09-19-2008, 06:12 PM
All I can say is that this is looking really beautiful. I love the the way he shuts the garbage bin and the composition of the front door exterior shot. Nice mood lighting on the interiors, too. I can't wait to see more.

GameFace
09-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Hey bro Cool work I like the direction your going. love the characters and everything. I am an animator and im curious if your help. Project seems cool wouldnt mind lending a helping hand as far as animation goes.. Let me know. My name is Ruel Smith and my email is ruelsmith@gmail.com. you can check out my work at www.reelruel.com

janzak
10-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Great job so far, if you feel you're losing motivation, just take a break and don't give up!

I really wanna see the end result :thumbsup:

oneczech
10-05-2008, 02:12 PM
thanks for the encouradgement. i actually did take some longer time off ... so next week, tomorrow, i will get back to animation ... i also got myself a brand new computer, which i considered and later figured out it may be a good buy for this project .. so i hope i will get the project done soon and yet looking good ..

thanks

mim-Armand
10-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Great news bro, GL, ;)

Paul B
10-07-2008, 09:42 PM
The latest shots look fantastic! (but still not sold on the camera dancing around when he comes through the door) I LOVE the scene of him approaching the building and passing the garbage. Totally LOVE it!

oneczech
10-08-2008, 02:32 PM
here is my next shot, after couple of weeks of being away from Maya ... feels good to be back on the project ..

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/Sh36_4/Sh36_4.mov

Paul, what do you mean by the cam dance? so you would keep it completly steady? I try to keep you notes in mind but this shot kinda needs the cam to move a bit else i will not show it all .. maybe i may change the lense to reveal more space but i was hoping to hide his legs. are we talking about the shot when he looks inside the apartment and then enters the hallway, then walks toward the lamp??

carandia
10-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Great work man, the movements and attitude of that character I think match so well with the character's physics that it gave him a personality really beliveable, good work.

oneczech
10-13-2008, 09:08 PM
Hello,

It is with great pleasure that The Animation Workshop (DK) and Bohemian Multimedia (CZ) endorses the 2008 Bohemian 3D Animation Workshops for Professionals from 18 to 22 November in Prague.

www.3bohemians.eu (http://www.3bohemians.eu/)

Let yourself be inspired by high-end teachers from international animation studios and extend your knowledge within animation.

International Animation Market (with Mike Robinson and Christian Davin)
Production Concepts in 3D Animation (with Isaac Kerlow)
3D Character Animation Masterclass (with Kyle Balda)
more information at our site.

Hope to see you in Prague.

Paul B
10-14-2008, 12:56 AM
I was referring to the "hand held" effect of the camera roll and shimmy as he comes trough the door to the apartment. I the camera motion makes perfect sense for his P.O.V. shot, where he looks around, but I just have a problem with a camera that moves without good reason.

Don't let me second guess you though because everything looks wonderful.

oneczech
10-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Ahoj Paul,

i get the point. i have looked at it and kinda got the same feeling you do. So i will make the cam more steady and just slightly pan to the side as he walks toward the lamp. that may work out better.

thank you. appreciate it

here is one more shot ... i kept it in wireframe, sorry, cause i really cannot see the motion on his face better withouth observing the motion of each edge .. plus his eyes are better to focus on like this .. but for those that hate it, i kept the playblast 100percent so you can see a bit better also ..

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/Sh10_4/Sh10_4.mov

So Noah approaches the living room and looks at his parents *that shot with dad switching TV channels* ... and then looks at the TV .. i hope this will work cause dad is sitting on the right side so when Noah looks to the right, people's eyes may go there and cut . there they see dad ... at least i also try to make that continuation in this way .. will see ...

the walk from behind is not good . ... i will have to make it less stiff in the back .. but i had to make a new walk cause the one i used before was too fast. and i worked too fast on this one ... or do you think it works??? and if not, what should i focus on ... to me, hands and torso .. move it back and forth more ....
for the front cam i did not want the sholders to move to the sides too much, to me it just does not look right .. but from behind, it may give it more life ..

oneczech
10-15-2008, 09:23 AM
http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/Sh10+/Sh10+.mov

here is a rough cut how the shots may follow each other ... i would need to add more time between the second and third cut but for now, just follow the story if it works ..

thanks

carandia
10-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Great work man, I think the rythm it's "stuck" on the parents shot, but at the same time that rythm down tempo there relate to the fact that the parents are lazy or boring, great work man, I'm liking this a lot.

mim-Armand
10-15-2008, 06:16 PM
so nice,
I think the parent shot must be from the boy pov or from the left side atleast coz he is looking to right, :|

just my thought! :)

oneczech
10-16-2008, 06:29 PM
so nice,
I think the parent shot must be from the boy pov or from the left side atleast coz he is looking to right, :|

just my thought! :)

i think the best time to make a call about this is when i have enough shots that flow after each other ... then i will have an editor to have a look at it and then possibly make some changes here and there ....

oh that will be so much fun to see the story being out together ... very exciting

oneczech
10-28-2008, 01:52 PM
aerobic

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/Aerobic/Aerobic.mov

carandia
10-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Lovely, great work man, maybe the girl's legs are way too static but don't know maybe that's ok, anyway looks great overall, the expression on the guy it's outstanding.

oneczech
10-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Thanks a lot ... glad you like it. i think it will look much better with lighting, making the character to fit the environment better as a silluethe ..

here are the same shots how they follow each other in one longer clip ..

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/Clip2/Clip2.mov

carandia
10-29-2008, 03:49 AM
Thanks a lot ... glad you like it. i think it will look much better with lighting, making the character to fit the environment better as a silluethe ..

here are the same shots how they follow each other in one longer clip ..

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/Clip2/Clip2.mov

No problem, WOW man, that sequence it's looking pretty gooood, you haven't got rid of the scene with the guy walking from outside (the one he closes the trash bin) to the house?, that scene was outstanding, I was wondering if you are still looking for someone to help you out with the lighting and render, I could maybe give you a hand, I'm something like busy but I could give it a try, your work looks great and it motivates me to do it.

oneczech
10-30-2008, 11:38 PM
Entering the apartment

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/Sh26/Sh26.mov

as far as helping with lighting, at this moment i have some help. i have also found out that having some help with lighting is pretty tricky. at least seems like i make people kinda worry about it cause i have a pretty precise idea of how i would like to light it and ... and i would not like to keep people busy with something they initially though would be an easy way through .. you know what i mean? :-) ...

but currently im focused on animation with all my brain and eyes and Im having Andreas Anderson from Sweden to help in his spare time. But my estimate is to have all shots animated by the end of the year ... and then i would like to complete this "fun" in january. we may need some help then .

thank you a lot for your offer .. i will keep that in my mind. great respect and appreciation for your interest! honestly

carandia
10-31-2008, 12:25 AM
Entering the apartment

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/Sh26/Sh26.mov

as far as helping with lighting, at this moment i have some help. i have also found out that having some help with lighting is pretty tricky. at least seems like i make people kinda worry about it cause i have a pretty precise idea of how i would like to light it and ... and i would not like to keep people busy with something they initially though would be an easy way through .. you know what i mean? :-) ...

but currently im focused on animation with all my brain and eyes and Im having Andreas Anderson from Sweden to help in his spare time. But my estimate is to have all shots animated by the end of the year ... and then i would like to complete this "fun" in january. we may need some help then .

thank you a lot for your offer .. i will keep that in my mind. great respect and appreciation for your interest! honestly

Ok man, good to hear you have some help by now, well yes I got what you try to say, but if you are precise and have your ideas clear there should be no problem on making that visual I think, at least challenges are always a great chance to learn. Nice to know you are doing a great effort to have things done someway quick, I'll be pleasured to hear your calling anyway if that never happens it's still OK so no problem my friend, keep it up and your team.

oneczech
10-31-2008, 04:27 PM
http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/cut2/cut2.mov

one shot is missing in the middle .. that black cut ... should be backpack being dropped on the chair ..

carandia
10-31-2008, 04:33 PM
http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/cut2/cut2.mov

one shot is missing in the middle .. that black cut ... should be backpack being dropped on the chair ..

WOW, all that put together it's looking so great man, GREAT WORK.

mim-Armand
10-31-2008, 10:08 PM
WOW, all that put together it's looking so great man, GREAT WORK.

looks great man sofar, really like your view of this movie, great style progressing there!

looking to see more of your nice works in future, I will follow it here till END! so keep up good works buddy, :)

mim,

ingoStudio
11-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Good job! A few suggestion on CUT2 movie:

For entire movie I think blinks of the boy must be shorten two or three times.

00:05 - he grab the handle ... camera start to zoom in and stop when the cover is closed and the boy go out of the shot (this increasing effect and you will have not "visual jump" from this shot to the next)

00:14 - 00:16 - this shot is unnecessary

00:45 - 00:50 - breathing of the father can be exaggerated

00:51 - this blink is perfect ... you can turn his shoulder a bit

00:55 - here he blink after turning his head ... it is wrong ... make this blink the same like this from 00:51

01:00 - 01:05 - his sister's move has no center of mass ... when she straightening and bend her COM must be moved ... you can fix it by move her horizontal position a bit back to the bed (without move her foots of course ;] ) ... you can put some dynamics in her boobs too ;] like these in her plaits, which must be flexible from where they are tied up

GOOD LUCK

AlexisV
11-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Very impressive work. I don't understand why you did that "spycam" style when he open the door. It give the impression that we'll see somebody watching him or something like that.

Anyway I'll follow this thread to watch the final.

oneczech
11-13-2008, 09:53 PM
AlexisV: I have already gotten rid of that handheld cam. I work on this with a director, more or less, and he first though it would be nice to try to make the cam a bit more uneasy .. but as Paul B suggested, rightly, this may be a bit too confusing ... cause it adds more character where it should not be. Thank you for pointing that out also .. just makes me keep that in mind.

ingoStudio: nice points. I will look at it closely and work it out. There is so many shots that each time i look at them again, makes me feel like i will have to go back again and work out these little details that make the whole movie. For any comments like yours I'm greatly thankful. It will take some time before i get back to it ... i will make a list of last touches to make.

oneczech
12-01-2008, 09:33 PM
just a little characters' profile ..

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/MTV_characters_profile.jpg

googboog8
12-07-2008, 10:18 AM
i would love to know what sort of light and shader setup you used...
please send me a pm...
thanks...

its looking awesome so far

oneczech
12-08-2008, 07:46 PM
im actually suprised you ask about the shading cause it really is no secret nor anything complicated.

all there is to it, from what i think, is the right selection of colors that work together as solids and as gradients. That's it. Basically. The face textures have some details but really not much .. i would imagine to get some facial hair dynamics. but the core is to paint the texture so it has variations ..

if you look at Synthia, her shirt is just one gradient of yellow. nothing more. and her pants same stuff .. only to acentuate certain areas to have people notice the details and feel like there si more then just a plain color - variation in colors.

Shading is very simple. There is a lambert shader, color channel connected to a ramp .. and top side of the ramp is connectted to a file texture and the down side is a almost white color. The top slider is way down cause then the ramp is connected to a sampler info and its facing ration which is then connected to the UVcoord of the ramp. This draws the ramp from the outline of the model to the center from the perspective of the camera having the down slider with white (well its not completly white though) color to make the outline and a nice gradient transition to the texture ...

that's it.

i use lambert cause i dont like the specualrity too much ... look like plastic although i may try to tweak it down ... anyhow.

and the lights ... simple stuff, i have three spot lights on the right side to be the key light, in a triagle one more up and more facing from the front, second more from the side and a bit down and third up again and more from behind ... these have mental ray area light on and a nice soft raytracing shadow ... and the intensity is tweaked in a way to get a nice soft but at the same time strong enough contrast with the opposite side ...

There is a fill light but not too obvious .. on the left sime.

Also a dome with a texture gradient from white to gray which makes the overall environmental illumintion using Final gather ...

And so i just tweak the colors and lights to paint it so it is nice and soft and look for the edges ... always going back and forth to change the texture to work with the lights and visa versa ..

basically very basic. the onli GI is FG but that is just the base to start with. All the rest is classical manual lighting ... oh but i LOVE AREA LIGHTS ... soft shadows are the best. ...

but i'm glad you like it cause I'm not a technical guy and so i make my stuff with focus on simple look that looks good :-) to me :-) cause i dont have the skills to make complex shading networks and using global illumination techs ...

oneczech
12-08-2008, 07:53 PM
oh i forgot to say that the hair is just a maya ramp.... with more colors. so the hair is NOT a file texture. and so i tweak the ramp so it makes nice transitions between the colors along the modeling ...

using sampler info / facing ration > ramp / UVcoord ... ramp connected to the color channel ...

this really gets to a point when it almost looks around some areas like SSS .. .:-) works good with skin too ...

but very basic.

googboog8
12-08-2008, 10:55 PM
awesome.. i appreciate your response man... will try the setup you suggested
looking forward to seeing the final animation

M3d12
12-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Nice Work dude keep on good work......

oneczech
01-23-2009, 06:26 PM
i have some more shots done but for now, this is one i wanted to post and ask for an opinion ... i will work on it more, more on fingers, timing, head to make him a bit more focus and alive ... but what do you think?

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/Sh36_3/Sh36_3.mov

thanks

ingoStudio
01-24-2009, 12:25 AM
Looks like you spended more time refining the stend up then the resit. I like the bending aside when he stend up but resit is too straight. Use asymetry and even exaggerate. Move the ash-tray a bit far away .. you can not see what he is doing behind the bottle. KEEP WALKING

oneczech
01-24-2009, 07:29 AM
that is true about the standup and resit. this shot took me only 3 days so far but the lenght is 14 seconds and one gets stuck on one area pretty easily. ... haha

good observation. i was almost concern if the standup is not too soft ... this helps.

oneczech
01-28-2009, 08:07 AM
final version of this shot ... i think i cannot work on this one any more, 5 days, else i would never finish it. with lights it may look ok ..

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/Sh36_final/Sh36_final.mov

rikgod
01-28-2009, 05:54 PM
Hi David

Overall its looking great I love your character designs.

Just a couple of comments on the animation as he goes to grab the light switch. The first grab/swipe almost looks like he goes to grab it and misses rather than him being distracted and his attention drawn to his parents watching the TV. I think he should stop as he is going to grab the string rather than swipe at it and miss. Also when he actually grabs the string and pulls it all looks a bit too linear. He should get hold the string then give it a quick tug then release.

Keep up the good work man :)

cheers
R1K

oneczech
01-28-2009, 09:34 PM
ahoj R1K ..

interesting notes. i will try to look back into it.

as poeple post their comments and crits, i will try to collect them later when i finish all of the animation and make a list to dos.

i assume that if all goes well, i should be done with the first edit for the whole short in a month or so. then i will put it together and see how it works as a movie and edit it to get the rythm .. possibly add some shots to make it more clear ..

thanks a lot .. very much appreciate it

oneczech
03-11-2009, 09:46 AM
it has been a while .. so here is the first edited version ... still missing the ending though.

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/MTV.mov

cannot wait to do lighting .. this project got really big for my initial vision. I have animated some 4 minutes of footage in some 4 months if put the clean time i spent on it. ... and my first idea was to have only a minute some seconds above. ... im glad im getting close to ending animation and starting something new - lighting.

carandia
03-12-2009, 12:50 AM
This is looking really great man, it got my attention and I'm eager to see what's following, great job, really.

A-TOM
03-16-2009, 04:48 PM
I cant belive that I find this thread so late... I looks incredibly awesome. From the lovely design of the characters to the excellent animation. As I am no animator I cant give you any useful feedback, but as for the characters they are looking just great. With this stylization it reminds me a Team fortres game which I like a lot... I cant wait to see some more renders, specialy with the background of the apartment...

Hodne Stesti
Tomik

ghykspo
03-16-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm looking VERY forward to seeing the finished product! :D the stylization and the animation is amazing! I'm really excited for this. keep it up!

gim-audio
03-20-2009, 09:31 PM
Awesome David.

Cant wait to see more!

Best wishes,

Mikkel

ZappZhero
03-29-2009, 12:01 AM
Great work so far. I realy like your style and you got some real nice character animation skills there. I'm looking forward for any progression.

acamporota
03-29-2009, 12:11 PM
amazing job my friend
i love the stile and the animation.. impressive work..really

oneczech
03-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Thank you. I'm glad you like this project so far. There is plenty of stuff i would love to change but I'm afraid it will have to be more or less the way it is now .. moving to light the scenes, i cannot wait to see it done. ... as soon as i get my first shot lit and rendered out for the very first time, i will upload it to have you judge the style ...

thanks
david

oneczech
04-16-2009, 12:00 PM
here is the very first shot with lights set up ready for render.

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/MTV_shot41.jpg

still missing the ZDept pass .. that comes as last ..

though it takes time to tweak it to some kind of high standard, and it still has some errors when i look at it, i need to move on and i hope to continue with this style for most of the shots ... though it takes time i would love to treat every shot individually

what do you think??

Paul B
04-16-2009, 03:45 PM
This is just beautiful. I love the design/modeling of course but also the subtle reflections and glossiness from some of the different surfaces really help it "read" well. Please post the rendered scene when it's finished

ingoStudio
04-17-2009, 01:35 AM
If I have to live in place like this I will run away as far as I can ;] BTW you are missing a border between the tiles and the stucco on the wall.

oneczech
04-18-2009, 12:21 PM
i still plan on changing the wall texture just cause this does not look too sharp (and in CG it suggests bad texture) .. so thanks for pointing that out. i will try to find something more accurate

here is another shot

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/Sh36_lights2.jpg

still some detailes to tweak. though DOF will take away a lot of details anyhow so may not spend that much time on everything ...

thanks

oneczech
04-18-2009, 12:28 PM
I have a question about the lighting rendering workflow

- would you first set up lights for the shots and then get back to each shot to set it up for render and render it?

or

- would you set up the lights, prepare it for rendering and render it BEFORE you would move on to another new shot?

I'm tempted to do the second solution though there is so many shots that taking time to render each in one session (many days) feels a bit like combining two almost separate stages ...

thanks ... not sure if this question should be posted rather at a lighting/rendering thread then here (i assume most of you are animators, right?)

oneczech
06-15-2009, 09:26 PM
hi there,

im further with lighting and wonder if i could continually post the shots here to get some feedback ...

my first worry is if the style is not too dark ... it should not be all too happy, but ... what is your impression? i have more shots rendered already, but here is one for you to see

http://www.bohemianmultimedia.cz/data/Projects/MTV/test.m4v

thank you

Paul B
06-15-2009, 09:42 PM
I don't have any expertise to help with advice on lighting but I do enjoy watching them. You're right, a lighting forum might be a better place. Please link to the new thread if you do.

It doesn't seem too dark to me in this shot. It's just setting the mood an everything is still visible. Looks really cool.

carandia
06-15-2009, 10:04 PM
Wow man I just love that lighting, I think it matches pretty well with the style and someway the story.

oneczech
06-16-2009, 08:05 AM
Thank you Paul ...

from now on, i will be posting the shots to this lighting and rendering section ... so if you guys that have followed this project under the animation section are still interested in this, please, check this link once in a while ...

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=5926856#post5926856

also, i wondered since i have the clip finished animation wise, i could post it here but then i realized i may want to keep that as secret and show it to you when it is finished. right now the deadline is end of august .. this time for sure else i cannot work in this one endlessly ..

thank you all of you for your encouradgement ... may not be as obvious over the net but it really helped me to keep on working knowing some like the results ... plus your notes, i have corrected some, some may still come but i have to admit being tired and wanting to finish so not all is in my scope to implement ...

Paul B
06-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Good luck! All the design/modeling is amazing. Seeing your first boards and comparing it to some of the animation clips you've done has been really inspiring (I was especially blown away by the opening shot that follows him down the street to the front door). It looks like a HUGE amount of work but it keeps looking better every time you post something.

oneczech
10-06-2009, 05:44 PM
So the project is almost over, done, completed .... now we have to make some music and sound.

But I already have a screening date which will be as part of an international conference MAKING OF 3D PROJECTS where some great european studios got invited ..

more at http://www.anomalia.eu (http://www.anomalia.eu)

Snarx-Fx Paris (FR) - stories in modern 3D commercials
Les Gobelis (FR) - with an Oscar nominated short Oktapodi
Platige Image (PL) - with their latest short film of Tomek Baginsky The Kinematograph
Happy FlyFish (DK) - on risks and challenges of an independent production
2K Czech (CZ)- animation in modern games, Mafia II.
3Bohemians (CZ / FR) - an independent 3D videoclip MTV Suicide

If you are around, you are welcome to join the party.

Right after the event, i will make a website and post the finished project there.

thanks for your feedback
david

oneczech
10-06-2009, 05:46 PM
some screenshots so you have an idea

oneczech
10-06-2009, 05:47 PM
and some more ... but not more then that:-) all the good ones i keep inside the movie (and the bad once too:-(

karabo
10-06-2009, 11:33 PM
dude, this is very impressive stuff. I'll be waiting to see the final version when it's out of festivals

MrRahulNath
10-08-2009, 08:39 PM
very good stuff, very inspirational

ingoStudio
10-09-2009, 03:56 AM
Impressive work! I hope you have the time to fix the things from your list on the animation! Good luck !

oneczech
10-10-2009, 09:29 AM
thanks.

well to be a bit critical of myself i think the static pictures look a lot more interesting the the motion pictures ... although with music i think it will have something to say. Again, the story is not really a story but an open claim which i expect to be drawen further by the viewer. And, it is not my story:-) ... both from the animation point of view, Im no the director. I just focused on the craft. And life wise, cause my family is great :-)

Anyhow, it became a life style working on this. Very much great two years of my life. Im glad, more then that, to be able to make the resources and enjoy support of my environment and people that helped me out to be able to work on this one for almost two years full time ...

there is tons of stuff i would do better. Lighting, texturing and rigging .. i would say these could have been done in more detail ..cause now it looks more like a hand painted color book for kids rather then a sophisticated modern 3D... i wish i had the time to use more separate layers for lighting and that the texturing was more realistic. And facial rigging more flexible and soft .. but hej, what counts is that i finaly finished it ...

hope some will like it.

wish you the best
david

carandia
10-10-2009, 01:55 PM
thanks.

well to be a bit critical of myself i think the static pictures look a lot more interesting the the motion pictures ... although with music i think it will have something to say. Again, the story is not really a story but an open claim which i expect to be drawen further by the viewer. And, it is not my story:-) ... both from the animation point of view, Im no the director. I just focused on the craft. And life wise, cause my family is great :-)

Anyhow, it became a life style working on this. Very much great two years of my life. Im glad, more then that, to be able to make the resources and enjoy support of my environment and people that helped me out to be able to work on this one for almost two years full time ...

there is tons of stuff i would do better. Lighting, texturing and rigging .. i would say these could have been done in more detail ..cause now it looks more like a hand painted color book for kids rather then a sophisticated modern 3D... i wish i had the time to use more separate layers for lighting and that the texturing was more realistic. And facial rigging more flexible and soft .. but hej, what counts is that i finaly finished it ...

hope some will like it.

wish you the best
david

Hey that's a great reflection and self-critic you are doing, I think that's always good and sometimes it's a hard step to take, to look from outside of our own work, with spectator eyes and mind. Anyway I also think all this project has been really great and I'm pleased to had watched it all almost from the beginning, CONGRATULATIONS for all your achievements and great work on this one, really. By the way where can we watch the full animation?

Dobri Den :beer:

ingoStudio
10-12-2009, 03:26 AM
:thumbsup:

You are absolutely right and I admire that you finished that movie. Good Luck Again!

Best Regards,

shadermonkey
10-12-2009, 03:49 AM
Bravo!

I love going from page one til now and seeing your progress. It's truly amazing. Though we all wish we could have more time and go back to make projects better, you should be very proud of the quality of your work. The concepts and modeling are very creative. Honestly I love the lighting and texturing as well.

Again, thank you for sharing.

Best of luck.

oneczech
01-25-2010, 01:46 PM
Hello,

would like to introduce you to our 3D short film called TELE-VISION (so no longer MTV SUICIDE), I cannot show you the whole thing yet but it is really completed and finished, and Im so excited I would like to at least show you the little part of it

http://www.3bohemians.eu/data/television/

hope you like at least this little bit. thanks for all your feedback.
David Tousek

karabo
01-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Dude this is fantastic. The outdoor shots are superb. Your lighting is excellent. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

doffer
01-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Damn, that's hardcore!
The lighting is just fantastic! Looks really really good!

Congrats on finishing. It take a tremendous amount of work to pull of a short film.
Best of luck!

Paul B
01-25-2010, 08:55 PM
I love the limited orange/blue palette. The shot pacing is really lively and engaging. I just watched it with my new Audioengine A5 speakers up high. Crunch! Pow! Great job! It really came together (so far). It must have taken over your life.

ingoStudio
01-25-2010, 11:04 PM
:beer:
Good luck at the festivals!

oneczech
01-26-2010, 09:21 PM
yes it consumed most of my life in last two years, it all feels like i have started yesterday and completed today, i remember looking at the storyboard thinking it would take less amount of work, then creating the folder structure for all the shots and as i started working on animation, i realized slowly what i was heading into ... and just keeping my patience tight wishing for the day when i can look at the shot folders marked all as DONE! ... back then it felt like i could never come true ... especially when i also had lighting ahead of me ...

yeah, i guess one can talk about such kind of work on and on and on ... but the biggest and awesome fact is not really the actually outcome, it is the value of life lived as a single 2year moment having the luxury to focus only on this project ... i did not spend time in front of the computer, i also travelled and met people, organised some events, took time off whenever i wanted, took the time to work whenever i wanted and just plainly lived a long holiday ...

wonder what is next. but i assume this ride could be the only time in my life i had the luxury to do such a thing ...

and all of you that gave me your cents of wisdom, were very encouradgeing ...

not sure if i would want to get into a project like this again, if something i would love to keep it more simple or with more people on site ...

if you are around in Prague, give me a shot and i'll show you around :)

tuna
01-30-2010, 02:03 AM
Congratulations man, it looks fantastic. Very inspiring.

oneczech
05-03-2010, 01:24 PM
The short, now called TELE-VISION, has its space in the last issue 129 of 3D WORLD MAGAZINE ... go check it out ..

also our character is in the 4th edition of Isaac Kerlows book THE ART OF 3D COMPUTER ANIMATION AND EFFECTS

oneczech
05-30-2010, 04:26 PM
Just a quick news: the short film has been selected to Siggraph 2010 in Los Angeles.

carandia
05-30-2010, 04:36 PM
Just a quick news: the short film has been selected to Siggraph 2010 in Los Angeles.

Wow! Congrats man, glad for you!

oneczech
12-15-2010, 07:52 PM
Hi .. wanted to let you know that we have posted the entire short on Vimeo .

http://www.vimeo.com/16827304

ingoStudio
12-16-2010, 03:56 AM
Incredible work! Bravo!

oneczech
12-16-2010, 04:33 AM
thanks much

if i could be a bit critical myself, i would hope for a more work to be put into the story ... what works in the director's mind, *i was not the director, does not work with most of the audience and people respond to the quality of the image rather then the story ... which is nice cause im responsible for the image:) and i did not want to force my ideas upon the director ... but ... you know, it should be all about the story.

in any way, it was an incredible experience :)

carandia
12-16-2010, 05:50 AM
Hey Man, The short film is lovely! I Agree about your dissapoint on the story, but me, as a viewer can tell you that the story is exciting and someway joyful, yes maybe there could be some stronger climax or maybe some turning point that finishes or twists the story a little more and meaningful, but the mood on this one is great I really liked it and enjoyed it, thanks! to you and the team!

oneczech
04-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Hi there,

wanted to inform you about our new 45s non-profit clip MAGNI, ... and i have decided to go public with the work in progress .. you can see the characters to start with here

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=6930890#post6930890

thank you

CGTalk Moderation
04-03-2011, 01:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.