PDA

View Full Version : Porsche Gt3, Majestic (3D)

majestic
05-30-2003, 07:28 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/4893/Porsche_GT3_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/4893/Porsche_GT3.jpg)

:)
This is my latest model, i've been registred on cgtalk for a while now, but my work was poo so i didnt post it.
Now I made something worth looking at, so there it goes
It's a 1999-2002 Porsche GT3, as title says

http://membres.lycos.fr/gaiazov/0001.jpg
http://membres.lycos.fr/gaiazov/0003.jpg
http://membres.lycos.fr/gaiazov/0002.jpg

Modeled and rendered in Lightwave, took around 12-13 days to complete :)

zedsdead
05-30-2003, 07:44 AM
that first pic looks amazing, nice composite, and if its all 3d, then damn! good stuff....where is that by the way? the background on the 2nd pic takes away from the car tho.....

z+

houmanm
05-30-2003, 07:45 AM
perfecto!!!!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

PCollier
05-30-2003, 11:51 AM
That 3rd pic is outstanding, ultra-realistic very impressive lighting and rendering particularly.

Very well done and deserved front page.

azazel
05-30-2003, 11:53 AM
First and last are almost perfect :) On the first I'd give the car some free space in front of it, but that's only (and minor) thing. Yellow one looks not as good as other two IMO ;)

element412
05-30-2003, 12:12 PM
really nice.

how do you lighted that ?? do you used radiosity??

element

btw. is that montréal?

ee01akk2
05-30-2003, 12:28 PM
im pretty sure that the backgrounds are photographs but nun the less excellent modelling. nice lighting. i think the yellow in the middle pic needs to be a more ochre type of yellow. too bright makes it look out of place.

DaBigSleep
05-30-2003, 12:38 PM
Great Job!! I love the rims, good detailt work on it.

goodlag
05-30-2003, 01:05 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool:

Absolutely amazing.very realistic
:thumbsup:

xasteycracker
05-30-2003, 01:11 PM
damn this is great. i like the eniveroment you put the car into. btw did you use lewis tut to model your car. and another thing can you post some wires. Great Work again.:drool: :thumbsup:

Napa!m
05-30-2003, 01:23 PM
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

very-very-very good job! :xtreme:
no.1 model & beautiful layout

(the only mistake is the side glass i think):hmm:

please tell us how did u so realistic render :bowdown:

(wanna make a lightening tutorial? ;) )

cyberjunkie
05-30-2003, 01:27 PM
AWESOME model :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

samartin
05-30-2003, 01:38 PM
Yellow does scream CG to me but the white on the other hand...

Great work :thumbsup:, pity about the AA in that 1st pic tho'...

JonC
05-30-2003, 01:42 PM
Very good job! I love the Modeling!
could you post a Wireframe?

flipnap
05-30-2003, 01:42 PM
man, is that the top of the wallace monument?

Kel Solaar
05-30-2003, 01:51 PM
The first and the third pictures are impressive!! :buttrock:

altermind
05-30-2003, 02:08 PM
shiatt.... that is impressive..... stuff like that makes me want to keep going at 3D :) :bounce:

HapZungLam
05-30-2003, 03:25 PM
this s a photograph. well, a nice shot tho.

:p nice work budy.

proton
05-30-2003, 03:34 PM
you should send those into teh LW gallery....awesome stuff!

Signal2Noise
05-30-2003, 03:39 PM
Amazing. you went from "poo" to absolutely stellar in the span of maybe two months! Do share your secrets.

Maybe a mesh or two are in order?

Very stunning work, even if it is Lightwave ;) <ducks>. I'm jealous.

Krisc
05-30-2003, 03:49 PM
swwwweeeeettt job man, I wish I could do that!
:buttrock:

cuse
05-30-2003, 04:41 PM
it kinda looks like the rims have been photoshopped on for some reason... but great stuff!

cuse

cgwolf
Excellent compositing and modeling Majestic. Looks great.

Xilica
:beer: :beer: :beer:

fbmar
05-30-2003, 04:56 PM
Man i really love u work...

critiques:

the tires color seen fake on 3rd pic and the reflection on 2nd pic dont match whith bg...

anyway is very impressive work !!!

Congratiulation :applause:

Rice ManX
05-30-2003, 04:59 PM
Very good model, i agree with the rest of the posters that the first and second look the best.
Maybe the reason is the yellow one isn't reflecting enouph green and gray (cloudy day?) off the paint. I think the reason the first and third work best is because the color you chose for the paint compliments the environment.
one more thing, those rotors look awefullly thin!

heheh awesome model, im still trying to elevate from the "poo" stage

:thumbsup:

xynaria
05-30-2003, 05:34 PM
Great model and render marred only by the aa front near the headlights. The white is infinitely better than the yellow IMHO.. texturing isn't working fior me on the latter. :beer: :)

finchiswaiting
05-30-2003, 05:44 PM
I think that the cars go with the backgrounds, the silver ones have a grayish cloud background, and the yellow porsche has a crazy coloured background, so i think it fits and major props on the cars:beer: :buttrock: :airguitar :drool:

Onno
05-30-2003, 05:47 PM
Oooooohhh, that's nice stuff!

Not many crits other than that the yellow image has a 'wrong' reflection map (as said before).

*Edit: on second thought:
I am not too fond of the compositions either... Maybe try to make your own surrounding, because the car will automatically blend in more than it does now (even though you have done a top job already, it's great, but it could be better).
There's a hole between your car body and the black inner wheel arches in the third image.
The body looks a bit thin and has CG edges around the wheel arches, the real GT3 has some flatness around the arches (hard to explain: see here (http://www.porsche.be/911/gt3/experience/desktop/bilder/icon3_1600x1200.jpg), try to smoothen them a bit.
Maybe tone down the bump on the lights, (the striped stuff), it's looks black and white now.

Stuff you could/might add: license plate, fuel cap, door handle lock, the little circles in the front/rear bumper.

Ref. url (all 1600x1200 images): http://www.porsche.be/911/gt3/experience/desktop/default.htm

Vinícius
05-30-2003, 06:19 PM
What about some dust (texture) and noise (model)?:thumbsdow

ToddD
05-30-2003, 06:56 PM
Of course this is beautiful, last thing you need is another person telling you that! =D In addition to Onnon's crits, the pillar between the side windows looks flat, or like it is behind the glass, you might want to adjust that. Nice job! :thumbsup:

RmachucaA
05-30-2003, 07:08 PM
do the doors open? does the trunk open?? does the engine bay open? does it have an engine?

It still looks preety good, although theres something wrong with the flare on the wheel wells, i cant pin point it though, really good model, congrats.

ZVAN
05-30-2003, 07:16 PM
sweet car model, welldone! realistic render, what do u use?:bounce:

MDB101
05-30-2003, 07:52 PM
OK so this is another realistic car, but what it lacks is a tire valve on the wheel! I mean how are you supossed to like put air in those tires? you modeled everything else but a tire valve hhe :) Nice job thought and exellent lighting :) keep up da gfood work!

majestic
05-30-2003, 08:22 PM
zedsdead: thanks, the backgrounds are photos taken in Montreal

houmanm: perfecto i wish!

PCollier: Thanks! Wow front page! another lifetime goal accomplished :)

azazel: in fact i dont like the yellow either, but c'mon it's a GT3, speed yellow IS the color for a GT3

element412: yes i used radiosity. the backdrop color is set to white and i didnt use image world, so my radiosity is faster and cleaner. you're right the photos are from montreal

ee01akk2: the yellow is speed yellow, official porsche color. i just had to make a yellow one, so i grabbed the rgb off porsche's website

DaBigSleep: Thanks!

goodlag: Thanks a lot!

xasteycracker: i used lewis tutorial more then a year ago and thats how it all began

Napa!m: i used radiosity and hdri maps for reflections (but NOT for lightning because it's slower)
-turn off all the lights
-set backdrop color to white
-if you want reflections, use 'enviroment' tab in materials

cyberjunkie: Thanks!

samartin: the aa is same in all 3 pics - enhanced medium, 9 passes

JonC: sure thing!
http://membres.lycos.fr/gaiazov/Wire2.jpg
http://membres.lycos.fr/gaiazov/Wire1.jpg
http://membres.lycos.fr/gaiazov/Wire3.jpg

flipnap: that's on to of Mont Royal park in Montreal :)

Kel Solaar: i also like the gray ones more

altermind: Thanks! I feel great for inspiring someone

HapZungLam: Thanks, buddy!

proton: Yes Master!

Signal to Noise: my secret is: i'm on summer vacation

Krisc: practice practice and practice!

cuse: the rims look same in all 3 pics because i havent changed the reflection map for the rims. the looked poo with the other reflection map

cgwolf: my first decent composition :cool:

Xilica: :beer:

fbmar: the tires need a lot of work, like a bit of dirt and wear. and for second pic i couldnt find a good reflection map...

Rice ManX: i thought that gray would ge good for a gray day.
the rotors are 13mm thick, is that thick enough?

xynaria: the gray one is also my favorite

finchiswaiting: thanks!

Onno: *hail the blueprint king*
i know i forgot the cap for the fuel tank. for me it was choice between composition or white background.. i choose composition. for next time i'll model the enviroment. about the wheelarches - the edge should be rounder?
about the bump on the headlight - i know they need a lot of work to look like real lights, but i'm happy i got them so far
also i was thinking about adding a license plate.

p.s. those pics from porsche site are of the new gt3 and it has completely different headlights

VinÎcius: if you had a porsche like that would you keep it dusty?
i'm joking.. i'm not good with texturing dust.. yet

Tbonz816: i spent too much time on the headlights, wheels and body paint and i spent too little time on small things.. thanks for telling me i see the problem

RmachucaA: i didnt have time for the engine and underbody details. the car has basic interior and that's it.

ZVAN: i used Lightwave 7.5 and Thanks!

MDB101: i knew someone would spot that :p
you're right, i modeled everything (even the porsche logo)

shaangfx
05-30-2003, 08:24 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :beer: :buttrock: :applause: :thumbsup:

hey the last pic looks real man! outstanding!!!!!!!!! detailed modeling..perfect composting!!!!!!

RmachucaA
05-30-2003, 10:03 PM
BTW, if you do model a valve stem, make sure the tip of the centercap shield faces towards the valve. insiders tip from a tire professional who worked in the PCA. (porsche club of americar):hmm:

m_luscombe
05-30-2003, 11:31 PM
Such a great work, but I'm surprised no one has pointed out the spoiler. It appears to be a little ragged. Maybe another smoothing level would help it out a bit. Especially on the third shot.

Also, the black rim around the rear window feels "off" to me. Is it supposed to stick down to the glass, or does it flare up for some reason? It's like halfway between either right now.

Great job though. Especially on the front end.

element412
05-31-2003, 12:05 AM
yeah. i was sure it was Mont-Royal. isnt the second background near that?? not sure.

did you make your own Montréal hdri maps? or its just so other reflection maps?

element

PAnick
05-31-2003, 12:47 AM
That wire is great, i sure still have alot to learn.... :surprised

Gremlin
05-31-2003, 04:20 AM
DAMNIT,
i tried to model one of these the other day... but my god damn blue prints werent accurate, the car was different in the different perspectives, and thus it screwed me up big time.

could you share your blue prints?
anywho, great work... I think the char's material's need a bit of work tho, just maybe... but the modeling is great!
Cheers,
:beer:

majestic
05-31-2003, 07:11 AM
blueprints along with everything else (http://www.1999.co.jp/asp/GoodsDetails_e.asp?Bno=&Typ1_c=102&Typ2_c=106&Typ3_c=438&SPage=3&SC=170&SN=Autos+1%2F24+%28Tamiya%29&It_c=10015416&andor=0&scope=0&scope2=0&thumb=1&sortID=1&urikire=1&sort_sort=0&ItKey=&app_url=shop_right_e.asp)

the second page of 'color' has the blueprints. same blueprints are available from Onno's (http://www.onnovanbraam.com/index.php?main=blueprints&group=cars&id=porsche) page or smcars (http://smcars.nd4spdworld.com/forum/index.php)

element412: no i dont have a mirror probe :(
the second pic is indeed near mont royal, it's du parc/pins intersecion

PureFire
05-31-2003, 07:55 AM
brilliant work...awesome!!

rafiadrian
05-31-2003, 09:15 AM
Hmmm .. .....tasty .....:drool: :drool: :drool:
i like the yellow one

maybe we can get the hi res wallpaper version ? :bounce:

Daniel
05-31-2003, 03:37 PM
man, very nice!!! :thumbsup:

the polycount is looks very high, u have a fast mashine? ;)

Cya.

Onno
05-31-2003, 03:41 PM
@majestic: :beer: Thanks, updates soon! :)

Sorry about the link, didn't realize you had a different version.

@Daniel: Or a lot of time! ;)

lildragon
05-31-2003, 04:41 PM
Pretty much flawless, if I was too change or add something however, I would make the reflections of the environment play more of a role on the car, especially the grass one. If you plan to do scenes like this most of the time, you should really invest in a kicka$$ digicam and make your own HDRI images.

classic example
http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/profiles/GeraldAbraham/img/g_002.jpg

at any rate

Please be sure to enter your images into Expose also http://www.cgtalk.com/expose

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Stunning work.

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_may03_2.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com so I can send you the award .psd file

salud

majestic
06-01-2003, 12:32 AM
wow lildragon i'm flattered!
first award i've ever got for something 3d :buttrock:

now about the expose - i'm doing a 3200x2400 render now, but i doubt it will finish in the 14 hours we have left, even on my moderately powerful dual 2100+

about hdri's - i already invested in a good digicam, all i need is a gazing globe (those mirror probes)

Daniel: the polycount looks high, because it is ;)

i'd say on level 4 sub-d it's 1.7 million polys in layout, mostly due to the tires.

solidgrafi: i'll post the 3200x2400 one when it's done cooking
:cool:

PureFire: thanks!
:D

Nefarius
06-03-2003, 09:12 AM
This looks great, I'm also modeling a Porsche, but will take some time before it's finished. :hmm:

Two small points of critique:

1: The end of the mirror looks a bit sharp.

2: The curve, near the back of the sidewindow, looks a bit large. Maybe it looks better if you use a hyperbola instead of a arc.

chrislee8
06-07-2003, 04:05 AM
congratz on the award.

can you show and talk a little bit of how to composite the model to your photo? in another word, can you show how to setup the scene?

i can't find tutorial anywhere. love to know how people render with photo they taken.

thanks

RaGa
06-14-2003, 05:19 PM
this is realy amazing!!!!!
:applause: :applause: :applause: :thumbsup:

knebbes
06-14-2003, 05:54 PM
in the 2nd image the car is coming out of a one-way street in the wrong direction :D

CADster
06-14-2003, 06:13 PM
the first pic would look right at home in some ad for the real car..

thats some sweet work.

completely impressed.

Lewis3D
06-14-2003, 08:14 PM
Great work majestic !

You did marvelous job on modelling and composting. There is few nitpickes (some are already mentioned by users) but that's not a big deal 'coz nobody without CAD data can produce 100% accurate model ;).

Great work man , congrats :thumbsup:

mstl
06-14-2003, 09:09 PM
Great Work.......very very super nice Car :applause:

Super.:buttrock:

aamiracle
08-31-2003, 07:20 AM
:drool: :eek:Jaw dropping,eye popping work!I just can't believe it at such a young age u have made a great looking car.I have one wish though.Can u write a tutorial or the making of this car it would be heap of help for us newbie's really,Puleeeeeeeeeeze.Now who's with me.

Magius
08-31-2003, 08:17 AM
Yeah baby!! Yeaahh!! I LOVE IT! :drool: :love:

wmaher2
10-04-2003, 06:05 AM
My render isnt as pretty, good job.Excuse the image I have to reduce the quality and size for cg talk.
Just wanted to point out, the front end is wrong on yours. it looks like this in the real car. I have noticed somone else doing it aswell, but theres was a boxter and it probaly is flat like yours. but the gt3 looks like this. So do all the 911's

majestic
10-04-2003, 06:14 AM
my front end is a little bit wrong, but as i said this is the 1999 model, not the 2003.
the 2003 model has different headlights, bumper, new spoiler and a bit different sideskirts

now, look:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/mmmajestic/Front.jpg
images from http://www.highresautoimages.com/porsche/911gt3.html

so actually you modeled 1999 version headlights with a 2003 version bumper :scream:

and yes i know about the wrong direction on a one way street. thats.. err thats a feature ;)

onscreen
10-04-2003, 06:54 AM
That is normal....
frankly.. i love seeing CG cars thats dont really follow the actual model.. or so call... your custom car. hehee

lovely yet real looking posche!! may i test drive? hopefully i wont scratch out those pretty yellow color :P

Sqwall
10-04-2003, 09:24 AM
I love your work but there are things to be fixed. I relly dislike your front lights. Consider using new bump or other things to fix them. The side windows looks a little bit odd to me. Your interior looks a little cheap. No detail at all (mine in the subaru is the same :p ).

Anyway nice work I really love the composition. :thumbsup:

wmaher2
10-08-2003, 11:45 PM
ACTUALLY MY PORSCHE WASNT A GT3... THE OTHER 911'S STILL HAVE THE OLD LIGHTS....

iTS A BEAUTIFUL JOB MAN. hATS OFF TO YA..

IT IS AN INTERESTING MODEL AYY.. ?

I USED THE GT3 FOR REFERENCE ON THE BUMBER AND THE SPOILER COZ THEY ARE COOLER ON THE GT3.....

I REMMEBR THAT FRONT END TOOK ME A WHILE TO MODEL. IT WAS TRICKY GETTING THE ANGLES JUST RIGHT, I HAD TO MANY POLYS ON MINE AND COULDNT BE BOTHERED TO REDUCE, SO IT TOOK A LITTLE EXTRA TIME..

cdeltaforce1
10-13-2003, 02:03 AM
I am astounded at the level of professionalism in your work, I tinker around with modelling buildings in 3D but to achieve your level is way out of my reach. The pics look like those you would find in car magazines, I'm so impressed.

cwikdahl
10-13-2003, 11:08 AM
I'm sorry but I can't see what the fuzz is about? It's an avarage model and a good composition, nothing more.

First thing I look at, and what gives everything away, is the shapes of the car. In this case most of them are slightly off... Lines around the windows are wavy and it lacks thickness in this area. Another big miss is the rear wheel arch. The rims seems too flat.

Rendering wise, tons of aliasing! Isn't anone bothered by that? Headlights looks cartoonish. Isn't the car too bright in the composition (1 and 2)?

With all the praise I hope you can take my criticism ;)

cwikdahl
10-13-2003, 11:29 AM
To make things clear... My slight agression in the above post is aimed at people saying this is perfection and smashing their jaws in the floor one after another. Not to you majestic. You have done a good job! But it can be improved. Would be boring otherwise ;)

The Witch King
09-30-2004, 12:42 AM
Thats a cool porsche you got there. The rims are great.

Renzsu
10-01-2004, 04:06 PM
Hi majestic, I remember seeing a tutorial somewhere in which you (or somebody else, I don't remember correctly) explained how you composed your model in the background? I can remember it had something to do with projecting your photo on a pan shaped form in which you put your model? It is all a bit vague for me now, but I would be very interested if you know of this tutorial and where I could find it? Perhaps somebody else knows?

chyv1083
04-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Damn thats Delicious

CGTalk Moderation
04-05-2005, 10:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.