PDA

View Full Version : Question: Single Mesh body and facial deformations

Nemises
05-30-2003, 06:29 AM
Hey All,
Upcoming project requires a naked human with full body (muscle) and facial setups.

At current Im using a Wrap sub D display mesh, where a low poly is blendshaped by SetDrivenKey's on the skel.

for the body deformations, the "un-Accuracy" of having a Wrap translate the deforms from a lower poly mesh is acceptable, but I am worried about when its face time.
So I have 2 questions:

1) is there a better way to layout my character than as 1 mesh / subd wrap? ie. could I seperate out the Face (or head) and still have it act as if connected to the main mesh (no tearing/vert misalignents....I'm guessing would havto seperate the meshes on a rigid rather than smooth bind?)

2) when it comes to creating my blends, is it sensible to have the whole mesh cloned for body AND face deforms? (ie. probably looking at 50+ blend shapes?)

I guess the two questions are essentially the same , and I'll start experientation this weekend, just wanted to get the fabulous views of all of you wonderfull people who might have some ideas on the matter aswell :):)

Many thanks for any thought given to your answers :)

galactor
05-30-2003, 10:07 AM
You can make the wrap (subd) out of one object.
Butt the poly mesh that drives your subd surface can be made out of sepperate surfaces. For example, you make the head appart from the body, just like feet and hands.

What you want to do now is make blend shapes with your lowpoly polygon head. Only you have to make sure not to move the vertices around the collar to much, else you will lose continiuty. This can also be applied for hand animation if you like.

When you want to wrap your subd around the polygon mesh. You just select all the polygon objects first, and then wrap the subd surface around it.

:: Galactor ::

Nemises
06-02-2003, 06:41 AM
Hey!..thanks Galactor..wasn't aware of that :).

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.