PDA

View Full Version : find target > mesher

l2k
08-01-2008, 06:37 PM
hola.

well im stuck with that.
i made 2 PF sources. A and B
A is floating around randomly and gently, then B arrive and find them and rush on them.

so, the most logic way for that would be picking A with a mesher object, and picking the mesh object with the find target.

problem is that i cant pick the mesher with the find target. max doesnt shows it as a valid target.

any idea on how i solve that?
thank you guys.

Bobo
08-01-2008, 07:31 PM
hola.

well im stuck with that.
i made 2 PF sources. A and B
A is floating around randomly and gently, then B arrive and find them and rush on them.

so, the most logic way for that would be picking A with a mesher object, and picking the mesh object with the find target.

problem is that i cant pick the mesher with the find target. max doesnt shows it as a valid target.

any idea on how i solve that?
thank you guys.

The mesher is really not your first option.
There are several better approaches, one including the use of a Script Operator and the other using Box #3 (if you have it).

The Find Target has a special mode that lets you send your particles to positions defined inside a Script Vector channel. So you could write a script operator in PFlow B which reads the positions of PFlow A and dumps them into the Script Vector channel, which will make the particles of B go to the particles of A precisely.

In Box #3, you would use the Proxy subop to get data from the particles in PFlow A and dump the data into the Script Vector channel, then use Find Target in the same mode, or wire your own DataOp to do the targeting.

JohnnyRandom
08-01-2008, 07:33 PM
How about using a position object (mesher particles) as your find target instead? haven't tried it with mesher particles but...

Example of what Bobo is talking about with the script vector of find target, not a perfect re-alignment but probably a flaw in my flow setup.

Rebuild QT 9MB (http://www.4rand.com/TEST/ParticleFlow/Box3/Rebuild/rebuild_01.mov)

Bobo
08-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Here is an example (Max 2008 format)

Shameless Plug:
This is probably a good time to mention that the recording of my new "Scripting PFlow" DVD for CG-Academy is almost done and this is exactly the kind of stuff it teaches... ;)
Stay tuned.

JohnnyRandom
08-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Nice example:)

l2k
08-01-2008, 10:02 PM
thank you bobo !

and be sure i will make my boss get that dvd !

im not so good at scripting but i ll give it a try.
one day, when you ll come by here, we ll get drunk all night, and the next morning we ll script :D

edit: waaa ! that's exactly what i was trying to do !
i think youre just awsome.

thank you again

CGTalk Moderation
08-01-2008, 10:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.