PDA

View Full Version : MenuItem Option Boxes

Kris00
08-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Hey again guys,

Another quick question.
Now I have made menu's with menuItem's, and I want to put a annotaion or option box that opens a window to explain what the tool is and does. Now for some reason I cant get the annotation to work on a menuItem and if someone could explain how to get a optionBox to work on a menuItem would be great.

Thanks Guys

NaughtyNathan
08-01-2008, 03:08 PM
This is all explained fairly well in the menuItem MEL docs Kris!

basically, an optionbox is a separate menuItem. for example:

menuItem -l "command name" -ann "this option runs my command!" -c "do_myCommand";
menuItem -ob yes -ann "my command help" -c "showHelpWindow myCommand";

but make sure that the parent menu allows option boxes!! (-aob yes)

I'm not sure why your annotations are not showing..? (although torn off menus' DON'T show their annotations!) but you realise these are not tooltips, but show up on the command/output line are at the bottom of the Maya window right?

:nathaN

Kris00
08-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Yeah cause its working on some other stuff I scripted, just not on this lol. Ill figure it out eventually why the annotations arent working.

NaughtyNathan
08-01-2008, 03:19 PM
keep us posted with what the problem/solution was though if you find it, in case someone else with the same issue comes looking later!

:nathaN

Kris00
08-01-2008, 06:49 PM
I just restarted Maya, so now it works. No idea why it wasnt working before.

CGTalk Moderation
08-01-2008, 06:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.