PDA

View Full Version : How to make the liquid by particle?

ducvemt
08-01-2008, 02:42 AM
Hi! I want to make the water flow by particles but is not really! because particles are not glued. help me with this!!

Aikiman
08-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Stop wasting your time with Maya, use Realflow or wait for Maya 2009.

spacerweb
08-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Two words...Real Flow... (really, don't waste your time in maya for those things...)

EyelessCamel
08-01-2008, 02:48 PM
I must agree. RealFlow, ;D

viki164
08-01-2008, 09:23 PM
"Stop wasting your time with Maya, use Realflow or wait for Maya 2009.

Is maya 2009 shipping with SPH solver? r u kidding?

Hi Vanviet!

If u r luking to crack sumthing within maya Thn u might think of driving ur particles with fluid to get fluidy motion As fluid acting as field for ur particles.
Now cuming to luk u can crank up the amount of partticles to 1 lakh & use it as blobby with high thresold...
It might serve ur need or the effect u r luking after!

Also give try with Maya Ncloth Water Example.

Hope it helps to sum extend!
Thnxs.

Eager Yung Minds!

Aikiman
08-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Is maya 2009 shipping with SPH solver? r u kidding?

I didnt say it was but there may be something fairly close to it according to rumors, but like I said, I never said there was going to be :).

fedayi
08-01-2008, 10:14 PM
doesnt matter, realflow is the standard with scanline (even tho scanline is proprietary).

so unless they ship maya with a water simulation that is on par with realflow, then it doesnt matter.

Aikiman
08-01-2008, 10:33 PM
doesnt matter, realflow is the standard with scanline (even tho scanline is proprietary).

so unless they ship maya with a water simulation that is on par with realflow, then it doesnt matter.

what doesnt matter? That whatever AD comes up with in terms of fluid solving wont compare to REalflow? is that what you mean? If it is its still gotta be better than what ships with Maya atm.

CGTalk Moderation
08-01-2008, 10:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.