PDA

View Full Version : Booleans question

UMG
08-01-2008, 02:24 AM
So here is my scene.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=65CVWQ7P

Obvioulsy, what im trying to do is create a blister package. Most of it was modeled in another program and imported as an OBJ, which is why there are so many mesh objects..

Im trying to take the bubbles and use them to boolean the "main part of the package", Ive never used booleans before, so could somone tell me how I might go about doing this?

Thanks.

brenly
08-03-2008, 01:51 PM
1. your link takes me a site that tells me to download some megaupload thingy.

2. Booleans dont really work to well in Modo .. from my experience.

kevmo
08-03-2008, 05:54 PM
UMG:

Booleans do work, if set up properly, and depending on what you are trying to achieve - but I wouldn't use this mesh, I tried a few things and it did work; but not satisfactorily. (you need to position the items in the layers for this to boolean properly).
The mesh(es) seem problematic to begin with.

Something like this would be better off modeling it in Modo from scratch & using this mesh as a guide.
start with a plane and make your blisters, then thicken (save copies!) drop in your drugs (or gum) :) and you've got a nice clean model (and control)

good luck

CGTalk Moderation
08-03-2008, 05:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.