PDA

View Full Version : eon Vue 6 and modo 302

shokan
07-31-2008, 02:00 AM
Is it possible to use vue scenes in modo? I have heard 'no', but I would like some other comments on this. Will I be forced to get vue Xstream and C4D or one of the other apps Xstream integrates with?

Thanks.

shokan
07-31-2008, 02:25 AM
Something recent I just found on the modo forum:

'You can use Modo to make your models to import into Vue, but you cant import a Vue scene into Modo (however you can export plant models from Vue and import them into Modo.'

So, I guess this answers my question. Any comments?

Mike.H
08-06-2008, 02:44 PM
well i´m no Modo user, but i do know my way around the world of vue, so sadly atm there´s no way for you to import a vue scene in modo, atleast not with any kind of quality left.

It´s true that you can export plants and objects from vue, even terrains and atmospheres but it would be cumbersome to export entire scenes like that and you´ll never get around the loss of quality.

Why not do it the other way around if Modo is your modelling app of choice? modell there and import to vue.

But yeah to enjoy xstream to it´s fullest you´ll need to use another app instead of modo (but in all honesty i prefer vue6 I over Vue6 xStream, atleast for now).

shokan
08-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Why do you prefer Vue 6 over Vue Xstream?

CGTalk Moderation
08-06-2008, 04:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.